Tuesday 22 August 2017

More heartache

Today I bring to you a Min song with the same title as the two from last time, i.e. "Heartache".
  • On the left-hand side, you see the translation as it was originally written, manuscripted on 9/8/12 (as per mega-intro) on the usual printout of the 28/7/12 file.
  • The 18/8/12 file only changes the third- and second-last lines to «You’ve come to change your heart: that’s bad / You’ve came to cheat me: that’s bad».
  • The next change happens between the 9/7/13 and 9/8/13 files, the latter of which finally rectifies the subject of the "rich lad" line. And then, no more files until 2017. In fact, even the 2017 files are still stuck with the 18/8/13 or 9/8/13 versions.
  • The other version, the right-hand one, is first recorded in my video of the song, uploaded on 2/10/17. I bet I did the changes while drafting the post, which was posted on 22/8/17. I will look into the screenshots as soon as I can get my hands on them. And here is the info:
    • «I keep loving some rich lad» -> «You keep loving […]» around the posting time;
    • «To our future no care add.» -> «For us two should care have had.», ditto;
    • 2/10 11:05:27, Anger->Grudge;
    • Same date 11:05:49 & 11:06:01, «how bad» -> «how 'tis bad» done, next line about to be rewritten;
    • Same date 11:06:30 & 11:06:35, change-heart line about to be fixed;
    • Same date, following line fixed 11:06:53 & 11:06:59 & 11:07:03.
As usual, the spelling and transliteration of Min is as described here.

奇贤的“心疼心痛”(闽南语)

为情为爱来所害
怨恨在心内
想欲想要酒解悲哀
痛苦无人知
痴情的人你
偏偏爱有钱财
你来变心不应该
你来骗我不应该
耽误着阮1的将来



Heartache

Because of love I’m all sad
Anger my heart’s had
Want to drink to be less sad
No-one knows how bad
‘Tis: you love not, I am mad
I keep loving some rich lad
You’ve come & changed heart: þat’s bad
You've come to cheat me: that's bad
To our future no care add.
Sim-thiànn

Uī tsîng uī ài lâi sóo hāi
Wàn-hūn tsāi sim lāi
Siūnn-bueh lim-tsiú kái pi-ai
Thòng-khóo bô-lâng tsai
Tshi-tsîng ê lâng lí bô ài
Phian-phian bueh ài ū tsînn-tsâi
Lí lâi piàn-sim put ing-kai
Lí lâi phiàn guá put ing-kai
Tam-ngōo-tio̍h gún ê tsiong-lâi



Heartache

Because of love I’m all sad
Grudge my heart has had
Want to drink to be less sad
No-one knows how 'tis bad
You don't love me though I'm mad
You keep loving some rich lad
You have a-changed your heart: that’s bad
Me you’ve cheated me: that is bad
For us two should care have had.

1 注意 (dialect note):闽语的人称代词 闽语有七个人称代替:「我 | guá」,就是「我」;「你 | lí」,就是「你」;「伊 | i」,就是「他、她、它」;「阮 | guán / gún」,意思是「我们、不包括你」;「咱」,就是「咱们」,意思是「我们、也包括你」;「恁 | lín」,就是「你们」;「亻因 | in」,就是「他们」。在歌曲里常常只有一个我和一个你而没有别人,所以「阮」常常跟「我」一样、「咱」常常跟「你我」一样。

No comments:

Post a Comment