Saturday 19 October 2019

My future is no dream

And today we have yet another Mandarin song, 我的未来不是梦 | Wǒ de wèilái bù shì mèng, "My future is not a dream", which I met in the same timespan as "the last one" (aka Dahai), which was supposed to be posted just before this one except I then inserted three others in between.
  1. I translated to English again within the same timespan; or did I?
    • Well, for both songs the first record is the 24/10/11 email sent to my corrector; however, the diary is unclear on both, but more so on Dahai; on this one, we have the 15/10 entry explicitly mentioning it: «Inde carmen sinense novum incipio Wǒ de wèilái bú shì mèng. Quod cras terminabo, cum tempus liberum mi multum sit» (then I start a new Chinese song, Wŏ de wèilái bú shì mèng, which I will finish tomorrow, since I have a lot of free time); this is unclear on whether I was starting the English translation or the decipherment; Dahai is in pretty much the same situation, since the entries on 28/9 and 30/9 mention "a new Chinese song" without the title, but we know that the one I did before Dahai was both translated and deciphered within 19/9, so this could only have been Dahai; again, it's unclear whether I was starting the translation or the analysis/decipherment; so "same timespan" will depend on what each of these "I begin / I continue" means, and how tight you want to define the timestamp; the fact the diary never mentions Chinese from 3/10 to 14/10, excluding mentioning the Hanzi table I was making on 12/10 and the doubtful «aut officia aut Sinensem aut sbobinationem» (either homework or Chinese or that recording transcription) of 2/10, suggests there was a big gap between this song and Dahai;
    • At any rate, the first recorded version is the one in the email, which is exactly what ended up on the blog;
    • The files are a bit of a mess, in the sense that we have two parallel lines, one of translations from Chinese and from Japanese, which eventually got split into two, and one with only translations from Chinese (or to Chinese); the former line has «all day busy searching», all the way to the blog, whereas the second one, which first sees the song in the 27/11/11 15:53, has «busy all day searching», all the way to its end in Summer 2012;
    • On 10/9/18, as I ready the draft for this post, «I never have forgot myself, / The promise I have made» turns to its current form at 0:47, and both «Quam hæram amori» and «How I stick to love» do the same at 0:52;
    • We then have the recording-session changes listed below, leading to the version in my video;
    • The last change to the English is when, at some point on 27-28/11/21, I decide to make the second series win all these years lkater, and reimplement that «busy all day searching»;
  2. This time though, I also have a Latin translation, which is pretty unique for songs, and that translation I can only date to before my schooltrip to Monaco, where it came back to my mind, and that trip was in Feb 2012; let's see what the files say;
    • The first record this time is in a 31/10/11 12:45 file, which contains the original version below; it is actually entirely unclear whether this was done before or after the English, since the emails always drop non-English translations, but I'd assume I started with the English and went with Latin as a column-filler (which is what it was here before the more recent translations popped up and I decided to side up the two Latins); indeed, the mega-intro states «Wǒ de wèilái bù shì mèng fu tradotta in Latino poco dopo che in Inglese» ([this song] was translated to Latin shortly after [being translated] to English);
    • The only change that happens before August is the change «haud esse quod fiet» -> «haud est quod mi fiet», which appears in a file from the only-Chinese series on 27/11/11 15:53;
    • The 28/7/12 11:01 file would be the next record, if it weren't for the fact that, for whatever reason, it completely forgets about the Latin version, and leaves an empty column for a new translation; is it possible that I actually remade the translation from scratch, having forgotten about its existence? Or did I possibly change it during the trip to Munich, when I thought back to it and (IIRC) sang it in the metro?
    • The printout of that file from 25/7 contains a translation dated to 25/7 by the mega-intro; since there are no changes made in here that get reverted in the Middle version, I will assume the older version was just lost and remade; aside from «alii» being «alji», «spej» being «spe͞i», and «serje» being «serie», the only differences from printout to Middle below are «Esn’, ut me, toto die in quæstïone» having «totum diem» and «Trivïisqu’ abjebam et redïebam» being «Triviisqu'iebam ac rediebam»;
    • In any case, the 5/8/12 19:26 file not only makes the Chinese-only series win (which contrasts with what happened with the English), but makes a huge amount of changes, giving us the middle version… almost;
    • The middle version actually appears in the next file, from 18/8/12 at 15:27, where the extra change «Oblitus numquam sum mei» -> «Nam numquam me oblitus sum» appears; note how the original of that line was «Oblitus numquam sum de me», much more similar to the 5/8 version;
    • That is also the original blog version, save for the fact that, as I ready this post's draft on 10/9/18, I think that «Nam numquam me oblitus sum», with the object before the verb, obscures the coordination with the other objections, so I rework that line; pity that I have to imply the "sum"; it's 18:51 btw;
    • Then, around 0:50 on 20/6/21, I make tweaks, getting «Esn’, ut me, toto die in quæstïone» to «Esn' ut me, qui perenni in quæstu sum» at 0:46 (and then to its current form at 1:18/19 on 21/6/21), «Oblitus enim numquam me, / Promissiones mëas» at 0:48, and both «Quam hæram amori» and «How I stick to love» at 0:52, in this order;
    • The final bout of changes is the recording-session changes listed below, which finally get us to the current blog version;
  3. Then, under the influence of Scorpiō Mārtiānus, on 27/8/21 in the dead of night I start the first two lines, then on 29/8/21 at 0:10-0:55 I finish a first version, which I tweak on 30/8 around 11:45 and 20:07, as well as on 31/8 around 16, and on 2/9 at 17:15 and shortly before 19:15;
  4. So, now we have Chinese and transliteration, then we want to side the Latins… what do we side with the English? Welp, turns out one of my friends from Chinese class is actually Albanian, so Albanian it is; 30/8/21 17:41-18:04 and the following night 1:59-2:28 we have everything up to l. 2 of section 3 as well as the title, then I complete it at 15:40-15:56; there are then a couple later changes from 28/11/21: «Nuk do t' lija» -> «S'do t'e lija» at 14:29 and «që dëshiroj» -> «q'e dëshiroj», hesitantly at 14:32.
Just before and during the recording process, on 18/9/21, I make the following tweaks:
  1. wh', even if discouraged -> wh', even in indifference, 14:17;
  2. qui ne si dissuaderer quidem -> qui in aliorum indifferentia, 14:18;
  3. abdicarem, quam desidero, vita -> Vitam quam desidero non relinquam, 14:19;
  4. m' kom bën' mu un' -> … un' mu, 14:26;
  5. happiness -> tenderness, 14:34; this had actually been handwritten on the printout of the 28/7/12 11:01 file, but got lost on the way to the blog;
  6. Ejus inimaginabilis gaudî -> Inimaginabilis teneritatis, 14:40.
No idea where I got that wēnróu was happiness when it's tenderness (last two tweaks), or why I thought "shòu lěngmò" meant "be discouraged" (first two tweaks). Let's see!


你是不是像我,在太阳下低头,
流着汗水默默辛苦的工作?
你是不是像我,就算受了冷漠,
也不放弃自己想要的生活?

你是不是像我,整天忙着追求,
追求一种意想不到的温柔?
你是不是像我,曾经茫然失措,
一次一次徘徊在十字街头?

因为我不在乎
别人怎么说。
我从来没有忘记我,
对自己的承诺,
对爱的执著 。

我知道我的未来不是梦,
我认真地过每一分钟,
我的未来不是梦,
我的心跟着希望在动!
我的未来不是梦,
我认真地过每一分钟,
我的未来不是梦,
我的心跟着希望在动,
跟着希望在动!



Are you or not, like me, with head bowed in sunlight,
Working hard and sweating, always in silence?
Are you or not like me, who, even in indiff'rence,
Never would give up the life that I wish for?

Are you or not, like me, busy all day searching,
Searching for a tenderness you can’t think of?
Are you or not like me, who was lost at one time,
Going always back and forth at the crossroads?

Because I do not care
What the others say.
I never have forgotten what
I've promised to myself,
My devotion to love!

I know that what’s in store for me’s no dream,
I’ll every minute seriously pass,
What’s in store for me’s no dream,
For my heart beats in rhythm with hope.
What’s in store for me’s no dream,
I’ll every minute seriously pass,
What’s in store for me’s no dream,
For my heart beats in rhythm with hope,
Beats in rhythm with hope!
Esn’, ut sum, capite sub sole demisso,
Sudans sed laborans dure muteque?
Esn’ ut sum, qui, ne si dissuaderer quidem,
Abdicarem quam desidero vitā?

Esn’, ut sum, die cuncto in quæstïone
Eius inimaginabilis gaudî?
Esn’ ut sum, perditus qui quidem fui olim,
Vïæ cruces sæpe adiens rediensque?

Quod meā nil refert quid dicant alii.
Oblitus numquam sum de me,
Nec quod promiserim,
Studium nec adire.

Scio ego somni’ haud esse quod fiet,
Minuto quoque serïe utar,
Somni’ haud esse quod fiet,
Mëum cor rhythmum spei sequitur.

Scio ego somni’ haud esse quod fiet,
Minuto quoque serïe utar,
Somni’ haud esse quod fiet,
Mëum cor rhythmum spei sequitur,
Rhythmum spei sequitur!
Esn’, ut me, capite sub sole demisso,
Sudans sed laborans dure muteque?
Esn’ ut me, qui ne si dissuaderer quidem,
Abdicarem, quam desidero, vita?

Esn’, ut me, toto die in quæstïone
Ejus inimaginabilis gaudî?
Esn’ ut me, qui amiseram memet olim,
Trivïisqu’ abjebam et redïebam?

Quod mëa nil refert alii quid dicant.
Nam numquam me oblitus sum,
Promissiones mëas,
Quam hæram amori.

Scio ego: somni’ haud est quod mi fïet,
Minuto quoquo serje utar,
Somni’ haud est quod mi fiet,
Mëum cor rhythmum spej sequitur.

Somni’ haud est quod mi fiet,
Minuto quoquo serje utar,
Somni’ haud est quod mi fiet,
Mëum cor rhythmum spej sequitur,
Rhythmum spej sequitur!
Esn’, ut me, capite sub sole demisso,
Sudans sed laborans dure muteque?
Esn’ ut me, qui, in aliorum indifferentia,
Vitam quam desidero non relinquam?

Esn' ut me, qui perenni sum in quæstu
Inimaginabilis teneritatis?
Esn’ ut me, qui amiseram memet olim,
Trivïisqu’ abjebam et redïebam?

Quod mëa nil refert
Alii quid dicant.
Obltus enim numquam quid
Promiserim mihi,
Quam in amore persistam!.

Scio ego: somni’ haud est quod mi fïet,
Minuto quoquo serje utar,
Somni’ haud est quod mi fiet,
Mëum cor rhythmum spej sequitur.
Somni’ haud est quod mi fiet,
Minuto quoquo serje utar,
Somni’ haud est quod mi fiet,
Mëum cor rhythmum spej sequitur,
Rhythmum spej sequitur!
Nǐ shì bù shì xiàng wǒ, zài tàiyáng xià dītóu,
Liúzhe hànshuǐ mòmò xīnkǔ di gōngzuò?
Nǐ shì bù shì xiàng wǒ, jiùsuàn shòuliao lěngmò,
Yě bù fàngqì zìjǐ xiǎngyào di shēnghuó?

Nǐ shì bù shì xiàng wǒ, zhěng tiān mángzhe zhuīqiú,
Zhuīqiú yī zhǒng yìxiǎngbùdào de wēnróu?
Nǐ shì bù shì xiàng wǒ, céngjīng mángrán shīcuò,
Yīcì-yīcì páihuí zài shízìjiētóu?

Yīnwèi wǒ bù zàihu
Biérén zěnme shuō.
Wǒ cónglái méiyǒu wàngjì wǒ,
Duì zìjǐ di chéngnuò,
Duì ài de zhízhuó.

Wǒ zhīdào wǒ di wèilái bù shì mèng,
Wǒ rènzhēn di guò měi yī fēnzhōng,
Wǒ di wèilái bù shì mèng,
Wǒ de xīn gēnzhe xīwàng zài dòng!
Wǒ di wèilái bù shì mèng,
Wǒ rènzhēn di guò měi yī fēnzhōng,
Wǒ di wèilái bù shì mèng,
Wǒ de xīn gēnzhe xīwàng zài dòng,
Gēnzhe xīwàng zài dòng!



A je ti si jom un'? Nën diellin p' ul kokën,
Po djersij e po punoj fort' në heshtje.
A je ti si jom un'? Tu gjet' mospërfillje,
S'do t' e lija jetën q' e dëshiroj un'.

A je ti si jom un'? Ton' dit' p'e ndjek but'si un',
Një but'si që s'mund m'e imagjinu kurr'.
A je ti si jom un'? Dikur i/e përhumbur
Lart e proshtë bridhja në kryqëzimet

Sepse un' nuk shqet'sohem
Të tjer' çfar' po thon'
Premtimet që m' kom bën' un' mu
E as sa kapem pas dashnis'
Kurrë s'kam harru!

E di un': ardhmja ime nj' ëndërr s'ësht'
Jom i/e ndërgjegjshëm çdo minut'
Ardhmja ime nj' ëndërr s'ësht'
Zemra ime rreh me ritmin e shpresës!
Ardhmja ime nj' ëndërr s'ësht'
Jom i/e ndërgjegjshëm çdo minut'
Ardhmja ime nj' ëndërr s'ësht'
Zemra ime rreh me ritmin e shpresës
Rreh me ritmin e shpresës



Similisne es mihī? Solum spectō semper,
Sōle forte lābōrānsque silēnsque.
Similisne es mihī? Etjam sī neglectus,
Vītā quam ego optō nōn abdicārem!

Similisne es mihī? Djē cunctō affectum
Insequor quem nōn licet mentī adīre.
Similisne es mihī? Viam quondam āmīsī,
Triviīsque abībamque et remeābam.

Quia nōn cūrō
Quid dīcant cēterī:
Oblītus numquam quās mēcum
Prōmissjōnēs habeam,
Quantum amōrī haeream!

Scjō bene quod sōmnja nōn fūtūrum sunt,
Piissimē semper vīvam
Sōmnja nōn fūtūrum sunt,
Corculum hōc sequitur tempus spei!
Sōmnja nōn fūtūrum sunt,
Piissimē semper vīvam
Sōmnja nōn fūtūrum sunt,
Corculum hōc sequitur tempus spei,
Sequitur tempus spei!

No comments:

Post a Comment