Tuesday 1 September 2020

My brothers

And today we close the blog with this beautiful Mandarin song which I kept for last because it seemed like a great goodbye to my followers. It is 我的好兄弟 | Wǒ de hǎo xiōngdì, which I met sometime in Spring 2013, later than April 18, and translated within that year's early June [5/5 in fact, as evidenced by a Facebook note containing the translation that was last edited on that date. There was then a change from «Bitter hearts 'cause you speak to me» to «Pain in their hearts 'cause you tell me» at 15:50 on 28/1/22 and then to «Bitter hearts 'cause you're telling me» at 2:10 that night, in which night «Let me sing a song for you» changed to «Let me for you sing a song» at 3:16]. With this song, the done material is over, so I will stop posting twice a week because I won't have stuff to post. I do have a couple drafts yet unposted, one of them about the heritage of the Romagnol side of my family, one is an Italian edition of Sappho yet to get the fragments rearranged for it, one is this crazy project of turning Sappho into Chinese songs to arouse curiosity, if I ever do that I'll upload the songs to Youku and see what happens, and one yet unmade about the three attempts at constructing a language which I did back in middle to high school, so those will get posted sooner or later, but I'm out of translations, so unless I make new ones (which is entirely possible), all that is left is to finish the Indonesian songs post, the Chinese songs post, the All of Sappho post and the Chinese poetic Sappho post, and do the Japanese songs post which, as of 11/9/18 14:20 as I write this intro, is yet to be started. And on 25/8/19 the situation hasn't changed. I'd like to add that, if I do do new translations, I will stick to posting on Tuesdays and Saturdays, whereas other posts will be posted as soon as they are ready, just like other "OOP" (out of program) posts have been. And on 12/2/20 the situation of the unmade stuff is unchanged, except there's the "crazy project" and the Italian edition that I just added, and a Korean songs post I plan on doing. How, in all that, I completely forgot about the Modern G Sappho edition, I have no clue. In any case, as of finally posting this on 1/9/20, the situation is pretty much the same, save for the Indonesian songs post being, I believe, as finished as I can make it (that song with unfindable lyrics needs outside help). So this is essentially my goodbye. It has been a lot of work to post these translations, and a lot of fun to make them. I wish y'all well. But let's see the song, shall we?


在你辉煌的时刻
让我为你唱首歌
我的好兄弟
心里有苦你对我说
前方的路一起走
哪怕是河也一起过
苦点累点
又能算什么

在你需要我的时候
我来陪你一起度过
我的好兄弟
心里有苦你对我说
人生难得起起落落
还是要坚强的生活
哭过笑过
至少你还有我

*朋友的情谊呀
比天还高比地还辽阔
那些岁月我们一定会记得
朋友的情谊呀
我们今生最大的难得
像一杯酒      像一首老歌

所有从开始,然后*

像一杯酒
像一首老歌
Zài nǐ huīhuáng de shíkè
Ràng wǒ wèi nǐ chàng shǒu gē
Wǒ de hǎo xiōngdì
Xīn li yǒu kǔ nǐ duì wǒ shuō
Qiánfāng de lù yīqǐ zǒu
Nǎpà shì hé yě yīqǐ guò
Kǔ diǎn lèi diǎn
Yòu néng suàn shénme

Zài nǐ xūyào wǒ de shíhou
Wǒ lái péi nǐ yīqǐ dùguò
Wǒ de hǎo xiōngdì
Xīn li yǒu kǔ nǐ duì wǒ shuō
Rénshēng nán de qǐqǐ-luòluò
Háishì yào jiānqiáng de shēnghuó
Kūguò xiàoguò
Zhìshǎo nǐ hái yǒu wǒ

Péngyǒu de qíngyì ya
Bǐ tiān hái gāo bǐ dì hái liáokuò
Nà xiē suìyuè wǒmen yīdìng huì jìde
Péngyǒu de qíngyì ya
Wǒmen jīnshēng zuì dà de nándé
Xiàng yī bēi jiǔ      xiàng yī shǒu lǎo gē

Suǒyǒu cóng kāishǐ, ránhòu *

Xiàng yī bēi jiǔ
Xiàng yī shǒu lǎo gē



In your moments of splendour
Let me for you sing a song
My dear brothers feel
Bitter hearts 'cause you're telling me:
Let's together walk any road
Even rivers together cross
Pain and tiredness,
Can they matter now?

In the times when you will need me
I will spend my time with you
My dear brothers feel
Bitter hearts 'cause you're telling me:
Do you want changing difficulties
Or do you want to strongly live?
Laughing, crying,
At least you'll still have me

* Because friendship's
Higher than the Heavens, vaster than the Earth
We will certainly remember those few years
Because friendship is
The greatest rarity in our whole lives
Like a full glass      like an old old song

All from the start, then from *

Like a full glass
like an old old song

No comments:

Post a Comment