Tuesday 21 April 2020

Destiny isn't for us to decide

Today we have a Min Nan song, 命运毋是咱决定 | Miā-ūn m̄ sī lán kuat-tīng, which gives this post its title and is Song 16 from Year 9. I met it when this video was recommended by Youtube under the video of another song (together with a couple Hebrew songs which may or may not appear here on this blog at some point, and translated it to English on 8/2/20 just before drafting this - it's 12:49 as I write this. Let's see!


我实在
值得
你对我这么有情
斗阵一起
可能
永远袂当不能改变
命运
咱决定
看破承认
咱无缘

*如果
你才有
机会另外选择
为爱你
我决心
为爱你
我决心
恬恬默默离开
怨言

所有从开始,两次
Guá si̍t-tsāi
Bô ta̍t-tit
Lí tuì guá tsiah ū-tsîng
Lán tàu-tīn
Bô khó-lîng
Íng-uán buē-tàng kái-piàn
Miā-ūn m̄ sī
Lán kuat-tīng
Khuànn-phuà sîng-līn
Lán bô-iân

*Nā bô guá
Lí tsiah ū
Ki-huē līng-guā suán-ti̍k
Ūi ài lí
Guá kuat-sim
Ūi ài lí
Guá kuat-sim
Tiām-tiām lī-khui
Bô uàn-giân

Sóo-ū tsîng khai-sí, nn̄g tshù



I really
Didn't earn that
You should so much love me.
Together
No chance had we
To forever stay
We cannot choose
Our destiny
Let's just accept
We weren't meant to be

Without me,
You'd have the chance
To choose somebody else.
I loved you,
So I decided…
I loved you,
So I decided
To leave quietly,
No complaints

No comments:

Post a Comment