Sunday 8 October 2023

Azzurro

Were you expecting a post in Italian? Well, too bad for you :). We have an Italian song translated to English, Azzurro. Let's hear IAFI!
On 16/6/23, after ditching the French, I try the same in English at 21:21, and by 21:25 the chorus is complete, then I continue and, by 21:42, I have verse 1 and the start of verse 2, with «It feels like when I was a churchboy,», which changes to the below form at 5:15 (yes, I couldn't catch sleep :) ) the following night. Shortly before lunch, at 13:21-13:22, I do verse 3. Over a longish time period which ends at 17:05 that day, I put together the following intertwining:



Due to this Hungarian translation (which I submitted because the current author never bothered to but then it was reattributed to the rightful author), at 16:42 on 18/6/23 I consider «Too sky-blue» instead of «Too azure», but Idk. Then, the same day, I do verse 2 at 19:17-19:22, posting the complete version to Lyricstranslate at 19:24. At 9:02 the next day I think of the "sky-blue" version of the second "azzurro", i.e. «The afternoon is too sky-blue / And lengthy for me». For now, I leave "azure", as per LT
The result of that is the below, modulo the tweaks «Use azure the first time and sky-blue the second» (30/9/23 10:51) and «I have no resources if you are / Not here with me» (13:14, formerly «That I am left without a resource / Here without thee»), the latter being post-recording.
Let's see this song!


Cerco l'estate tutto l'anno
E all'improvviso eccola qua
Lei è partita per le spiagge
E sono solo quassù in città
Sento fischiare sopra i tetti
Un aeroplano che se ne va

Rit.:
Azzurro
Il pomeriggio è troppo azzurro
E lungo per me
Mi accorgo
Di non avere più risorse
Senza di te
E allora
Io quasi quasi prendo il treno
E vengo, vengo da te
Il treno dei desideri
Nei miei pensieri all'incontrario va

Sembra quand'ero all'oratorio
Con tanto sole, tanti anni fa
Quelle domeniche da solo
In un cortile, a passeggiar
Ora mi annoio più di allora
Neanche un prete per chiacchierar

Rit.

Cerco un po' d'Africa in giardino
Tra l'oleandro e il baobab
Come facevo da bambino
Ma qui c'è gente, non si può più
Stanno innaffiando le tue rose
Non c'è il leone, chissà dov'è

Rit.
All through the year I look for summer,
And here it is now so suddenly.
I'm on my own here in the city
For she's already left for the sea.
I here a whistle above the rooftops:
It's just an airplane abōve me.

Chorus
Too azure,
The afternoon it is too sky-blue
And long for me
I realize
I have no resources if you are
Not here with me,
At which point
I almost think I'll take the train and come there,
Come there to thee
However the train of wishes
Within my thoughts can only backwards go.

This feels like back in oratory
With so much sunshine so long ago,
Those lonely Sundays in the courtyard
When I would walk there all on my own…
Now I get bored more than I used to,
There is no priest here to say hello.

Chorus

I seek some Africa in my garden,
'Tween oleander and baobab
Just like used to in my childhood,
But there are people, I can no more.
They are now watering your roses,
The lion's not there: where could he be?

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment