Saturday 12 November 2022

We are the champions

Do I even need to introduce this song? We are the champions, by the Queen. Let's quote IAFI on the Italian version, which is sitting there complete since quite some time: 「On 15/8/22, I hear this song playing in "Big bang theory", which dad is watching in the living room, and randomly translate the chorus: «Noi siamo i campioni, amico, / E fino alla fine lotterem, / Siamo i campioni, / Siamo i campioni, / Niente perdenti: / Noi siamo i campioni => I campioni del mondo / Siamo noi!» The chorus reaches its final form the following night at 0:40-0:41. At 1:53-2:13, I do the following version of the first verse: «Le tasse ho pagato, / Come deve ognun. / La pena ho scontato / Senza crimine alcun / E gravi error / Ne ho fatti un po', / Pur con la sabbia negli occhi, io ho / Trionfato ancor / E voglio avanzar / Sempre sempre sempre più!» On 18/8/22 at 23:51, I come back to this, and finish it, taking up to 19/8/22 0:34. I then post the result lyricstranslate, where the other Italian translation and the lyrics have helped me fix a couple things:」. As I make the cuts to the video on 12/11/22, I realize I mistranslated the start of verse 2, so from «Mi sono inchinato, / E sul palco m'han chiamato,» I make it what is below at 12:37-38. Let's see it!


I've paid my dues
Time after time,
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime,
And bad mistakes,
I've made a few,
I've had my share of sand
Kicked in my face,
But I've come through!

And I need to go
On and on and on and on

Chorus
'Cause we are the champions, my friend,
And we'll keep on fighting till the end!
We are the champions!
We are the champions!
No time for losers,
'Cause we are the champions
Of the world

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls:
You brought me fame and fortune
And everything that goes with it,
I thank you all,
But it's been no bed of roses,
No pleasure cruise.
I consider it a challenge
Before the whole human race,
And I ain't gonna lose!

And I need to go
On and on and on and on

Chorus
Sempre ho pagato
Dei miei debiti ognun,
Una pena ho scontato
Senza crimine alcun,
E gravi error
Ne ho fatti un po',
M'han calciato la polvere
In faccia, e anche allor
Trionfato ho!

E dovrò avanzar
Sempre sempre sempre più!

Rit.
Amico, i campioni noi siam,
E fino alla fine noi lottiam!
Siamo i campioni,
Siamo i campioni,
Niente perdenti:
I campioni del mondo
Siamo noi!

Mi sono inchinato,
E sul palco m'han chiamato,
Voi m'avete dato fama e fortuna
E tutto quel che viene poi:
Grazie a tutti voi.
Non è stata una passeggiata
O un viaggio di piacer:
La considero una sfida
Davanti a tutta l'umanità,
E la vittoria è un dover!

E dovrò avanzar
Sempre sempre sempre più!

Rit.

No comments:

Post a Comment