Saturday 6 June 2020

Slowly

One more Despacito version today (and there's at least one more to come): Jason Chen's Chinese semi-translation semi-cover, 慢慢地 | Mànmàn de, which titles this post. The beginning part is completely invented, then we go into a translation with some pretty big liberties at the end (I mean, the original goes "Until the waves shout "Ay bendito"" and this thing has "I just want you to shout "Ay bendito"", um…). I translated it to English 13:47-14:00 30/3/20. The "do" in "You thus do go" was added 23:14 2/4/20 making the draft. Then, on recording day 31/12/22 and editing day 1/1/23:
  • «Smell your neck, ah» becomes «Smell your ne-eck» at 13:13 on 31/12/22;
  • «Gently whisper in your ears, ah» becomes «Gently whisper in your e-ears» somewhere in between;
  • «All over your body» becomes «Over your whole body» at 13:16, all three during recording;
  • «And feel my heartbeat speeding» becomes «And feel my heartbeat speed up» at 1:35 on 1/1/23;
  • «I only want to / Hear you speak» becomes «I only want to / Hear you say» at some point during the day, first committed to memory around 23:50, with the next two lines getting their quotation marks only in my thoughts until 1:32 in the night when I edit the post to implement all these changes.
The last bit changes to «I just wanna hear you say» at 23:47/48 on 1/1/23.
Two text notes:
  • 吻你脖子 "kiss your neck" sounds like a weird translation for "respirar tu cuello", so perhaps the video's captions have a typo and it was meant to have 闻 wén "smell" in place of 吻 wěn "kiss";
  • In the line 拼不完的拼图, the captions have 凭 as the first character, but I can't make sense of that, whereas my spelling, though changin the first syllable from píng to pīn, at least makes sense as "a puzzle that can't be completed".
Left side: literal translation; right side: singable translation. Let's see it!


朝我这边
走过来,
非常感谢
这个保佑, yeah,
把每件事情
都变成天堂,
Yeah, oh
你是
黑暗中的一缕光芒,
给我感觉
到非常迷茫,
让我想要享受
每分,每秒,每刻。

你的爱
就像为我量身定做,
你的钥匙
能打开我的锁,
你这样
亲吻我耳朵,
我唯一想要
听你说,
宝贝,不要急,
时间,别快过!

Oh, 你就是磁铁,
我就是金属,
我慢慢靠近
完成我的计划,
想来想去
就让我的心跳加速,
Oh yea,
Oh,
我已经不是
一般的喜欢你,
我的感官
想得到的更多,
所以我们慢慢来,
绝不着急!

@慢慢地,
我想要慢慢地
吻你脖子,
我要在你耳边
轻轻说悄悄话,
就连我不在
你都不会忘记!
慢慢地,
你的衣服
被我亲到不见,
我要在你的
身上签名,
把你身体
变成一张画纸,

看你头发跳的舞,
Oh, 我要当你的节奏,
你就带着我嘴唇
去看你最爱的地方,
让我闯过你最
危险的身旁,
让你尖叫个不停
直到忘了自己姓名!

一小步一小步,
温柔的一小步,
我们慢慢靠近,
一小步一小步,
你的吻技超高,
让我差点晕倒,
我感到你恶意
也感到善良。
一小步一小步,
温柔的一小步,
我们慢慢靠近,
一小步一小步,
你的美丽就像
拼不完的拼图,
因为在我手中
拿着最后一幅!

@

Despacito
我们就在
海边旁的 Puerto Rico,
我只想你尖叫
«¡Ay Bendito!»,
只要你在身边
我会动个不停!
Despacito



To my side
Come over,
I’m extremely thankful
[For] this blessing, yeah
Every matter
[It] turns into heaven,
Yeah, oh
You are
A ray of light in the darkness,
Make me feel
Extremely confused,
Make me want to enjoy
Every minute, every second, every moment.

Your love
Is like it’s tailored to me,
Your key(s)
Can open my lock,
You thus
Kiss my ear(s),
I solely want
To hear you say
«Baby, don’t hurry,
Time, don’t pass fast!»

You are the magnet,
I'm the metal,
I slowly get closer
To complete my plan,
Thinking [of it] a little
Makes my heartbeat accelerate,
Oh yea,
Oh,
I already don’t
Like you in the usual way,
What my sense organs
Can think of is more,
So let’s go slowly,
Let’s definitely not worry!

@ Slowly,
I want to slowly
Smell your neck,
I want in your ear
To gently whisper,
So that, even if I’m not there,
You still won’t forget!
Slowly,
Your clothes
Get kissed into invisibility by me,
I want on your
Body to sign
To your body
Turn into a manuscript,

To see the dance your hair dances,
Oh, I want to be your rhythm,
You are then leading my lips
To see your favorite place(s),
Let me rush past your most
Dangerous body,
Make you scream endlessly
Until you forget your last name!

Small step by small step,
A tender small step,
We draw closer slowly,
Small step by small step,
Your kissing skills are super-high,
[They] almost make me faint,
I feel your malice
And feel your kindness.
Small step by small step,
A tender small step,
We draw closer slowly,
Small step by small step,
Your beauty is just like
A puzzle that won’t get put together,
Because in my hand
[I’m] holding the last piece!

@

Despacito
We are at
Seaside Puerto Rico,
I just want you to scream
«¡Ay Bendito!»,
If only you’re at my side
I can move endlessly!
Despacito (uncaptioned)
Cháo wǒ zhè biān
Zǒu guòlái,
Fēicháng gǎnxiè
Zhè ge bǎoyòu, yeah,
Bǎ měi jiàn shìqíng
Dōu biàn chéng tiāntáng,
Yeah, oh
Nǐ shì
Hēi'àn zhōng de yī lǚ guāngmáng,
Gěi wǒ gǎnjué
Dào fēicháng mímáng,
Ràng wǒ xiǎngyào xiǎngshòu
Měi fēn, měi miǎo, měi kè.

Nǐ de ài
Jiù xiàng wèi wǒ liángshēn-dìngzuò,
Nǐ de yàoshí
Néng dǎkāi wǒ de suǒ,
Nǐ zhèyàng
Qīnwěn wǒ ěrduǒ,
Wŏ wéiyī xiǎngyào
Tīng nǐ shuō,
Bǎobèi, bù yào jí,
Shíjiān, bié kuài guò!

Nǐ jiùshì cítiě,
Wǒ jiùshì jīnshǔ,
Wŏ mànmàn kàojìn
Wánchéng wǒ de jìhuà,
Xiǎng lái xiǎng qù
Jiù ràng wǒ de xīntiào jiāsù,
Oh yea,
Oh,
Wo yǐjīng bù shì
Yībān de xǐhuān nǐ,
Wǒ de gǎnguǎn
Xiǎng de dào de gèng duō,
Suǒyǐ wǒmen màn man lái,
Jué bù zháojí!

@ Mànmàn de,
Wǒ xiǎngyào mànmàn de
Wěn nǐ bózi,
Wǒ yào zài nǐ ěrbian
Qīngqīng shuō qiāoqiāohuà,
Jiù lián wǒ bù zài
Nǐ dōu bù huì wàngjì!
Mànmàn de,
Nǐ de yīfu
Bèi wǒ qīn dào bù jiàn,
Wŏ yào zài nǐ de
Shēnshang qiānmíng,
Bǎ nǐ shēntǐ
Biàn chéng yī zhāng huàzhǐ,

Kàn nǐ tóufa tiào de wǔ,
Oh, wǒ yào dāng nǐ de jiézòu,
Nǐ jiù dàizhe wǒ zuǐchún
Qù kàn nǐ zuì’ài de dìfang,
Ràng wǒ chuǎng guò nǐ zuì
Wéixiǎn de shēnpang,
Ràng nǐ jiānjiào ge bù tíng
Zhídào wàngle zìjǐ xìngmíng!

Yī xiǎo bù yī xiǎo bù,
Wēnróu de yī xiǎo bù,
Wǒmen mànmàn kàojìn,
Yī xiǎo bù yī xiǎo bù,
Nǐ de wěn jì chāo gāo,
Ràng wǒ chàdiǎn yūndào,
Wǒ gǎndào nǐ èyì
Yě gǎndào nǐ shànliáng.
Yī xiǎo bù yī xiǎo bù,
Wēnróu de yī xiǎo bù,
Wǒmen mànmàn kàojìn,
Yī xiǎo bù yī xiǎo bù,
Nǐ de měilì jiùxiàng
Pīn bù wán de pīntú,
Yīnwèi zài wǒ shǒuzhōng
Názhe zuìhòu yī fú

@

Despacito
Wǒmen jiù zài
Hǎibiān páng de Puerto Rico,
Wǒ zhǐ xiǎng nǐ jiānjiào
«¡Ay Bendito!»,
Zhǐyào nǐ zài shēnbian
Wǒ huì dòng ge bù tíng!
Despacito



Come to my side
Come over
So thankful I am
For this blessing, yeah,
'Cause everything
It turns into heaven
Yeah, oh,
You are
Like a ray of light in the dark,
Get me feeling
Great confusïon,
Make me want to savor
Ev'ry second, ev'ry moment

Your love feels like
It was tailored just for me
The key that can open my lock
Is your key
You thus do go
Kissing my ear
I just wanna
Hear you say:
«Baby do not hurry
Time go slowly»

Oh, you're the magnet
I am just a metal slab
I come closer slowly
To complete my plan
I just give it a think
And feel my heartbeat speed up
Oh yea
Oh,
I already no longer
Like you normally
All of my senses
Can imagine more
So let us go slowly
Def'nit'ly not worry

@ Slōwly
I want to slowly
Smell your ne-eck,
I just want to
Gently whisper in your e-ears,
So even if I'm not there
You still won't forget
Slōwly,
I kiss your clothes
Into non-existence
I want to sign
Over your whole body
Turn your body
To a manuscrīpt

See the dance that your hair dances,
Oh, I wanna be your rhythm,
You then come leading my lips
To see your fav'rite places
Let me rush past your
Most dangerous body,
Let you cry out with no end
Till you forget your own last name!

A small step a small step
Tender tender small step
We draw closer slowlȳ
Small step by small step
Your kissing skills are so great
Almost get me fainting
I can feel your malice,
I can feel your kindness
A small step a small step
Tender tender small step
We draw closer slowlȳ
Small step by small step
Your beauty's like a puzzle
That cannot be finished
Because in my hand
I'm holding here the last piece

@

Despacito
We are here
By the sea in Puerto Rico
I just want to make you scream
«¡Ay bendito!»
If I just have you with me
I'll move forever
Despacito

No comments:

Post a Comment