Saturday 13 June 2020

Magical anklet - Aisā jādū

Well, what the hell is that title? That's what I give to this cover of Despacito, because I can't just give it Despacito, that title is taken already. The second part is a direct quote of the rap part of the cover, it's pronounced "Eh-sah jah-doo" (eh as in "bet"), and means "such a spell". The cover in question is Hindi, with a couple intrusions from Punjabi – I'm told it sounds normal to do that. I translated it to English 23:02-00:12 30/3/20, with a couple tweaks on 31/3/20 [which I assume are the addition of "They're" in «They're sleeping waking eating drinking» and of "Oh" in «Such a strong spell?    Oh»]. Left: literal; right: singable. Let's see it!


क्यूँ
यादों मे तेरा ही चेहरा
बसा है यूँ
दिल मे मेरे आके
रेह जा तू
क्यूँ
मेरी सांसों मे
बसने लगी है तू
तेरा बनके
बस में रेह जाऊँ

बस यूँ
मुझको तो एक वारी
हाँ कर दे
माना तेरे आगे पीछे
किन्ने ਫ਼ਿਰ੍ਦੇ
फिर आके
हाथ मेरा तू ਫ਼ਡ਼ ले
मुखड़ा
तेरा जैसा चाँद का है
टुकड़ा
अब मेरी दिल की
क्या है खता
अब क्यूँ मुझसे
तू है जुदा

@ डेस्पासीतो
तेरी क़ातिलाना अदायें
दिन रात मुझको सताए
फिर क्यूँ तु मुझसे ख़फ़ा है
डेस्पासीतो
अब मान ले मेरा कहना
दूर कैसे है रहना
तू मान ले मेरा कहना

Rap अब कहते हैं गये दुनिया वाले
कि मैं बन गया दीवाना
सोते जागते खाते पीते
चलते फ़िरते हँसते गाते
बस तेरा है नाम लिया
Baby
बस तेरा है नाम लिया
चेहरा तेरा ऐसे चमके
जैसे सूरज की किरण
जब ही देखूँ तुझे baby
रुक जाए मेरे क़दम
अदायें तेरी करती है
मेरे दिल पे वार
जब ही देखूँ तुझे baby
हो जाएगा प्यार
बातें करने की कोशिश
मैंने की काफ़ी बारी
As always I am speechless
बोल न सका एक भी बारी
तेरे पायल की घुँघरू ने
ऐसा छाया मुझ पे जादू
कि मैं हो गया बेक़ाबू
तूने क्यूँ चलाया baby ऐसा जादू?
ऐसा जादू?    औ
तेरे घर की वो गली
मुझे खींचे तेरी ओर
जब गुज़रूँ तेरी गली से
मुझे रोके हर रोज़
तू शरमाती है
देखके मुझे घबराती है
जब गुज़ुरूँ तेरी पास से
तेरे आंखें देखके
क्यूँ डराती है?

* कभी न कभी तो
यादों में तेरी
मैं मिलता रहूँगा
नज़रों में तेरी
मुझे एक पल का
चैन नहीं है
बिन तेरे मेरे यहाँ
कोई नहीं है
*

@



Why
Is your face
Living in my memories?
Having come into my heart,
Live thou [there]
Why
In my breaths
Do you seem to be living?
Having become yours
May I remain in control [of myself].

Just like that
To me at least once
Yes may you say,
[I] have accepted [that] around you
Many are roaming,
Then after coming
Come thou hold my hand
The face
Of yours is like of the moon.
A fragment,
Now of my heart
What is the fault?
Why now from me
Are you separated?

@ Despacito
Your killer graces
Bother me day and night,
So why are you displeased with me?
Despacito
Now accept my word
How to remain far?
Now accept thou my word

The world has said
That I have turned crazy,
[They're] sleeping waking up eating drinking
Walking roaming laughing singing
Only your name [I’ve] taken,
Baby
Only your name [I’ve] taken,
Your face is so shiny
Like a ray of the sun,
When I see you baby
My steps get stopped,
Your graces are making
At my heart an attack,
When I see you baby
There will be love,
Attempt at speaking
I have made enough tries
As always I am speechless
Couldn’t say even [on] one try,
The bell of your ghuṃgh’rū (anklet)
Has placed such a spell on me,
[So] that I have gone out of control
Why did you cast such a spell?,
Such a spell    Oh
That street of your house
Has called me to your direction,
When I pass on your street
[It] will stop me everyday,
You are feeling shy,
Having seen me you are frightened,
When I pass near you
Having seen your eyes,
Why are you scared?

* Sometimes not, [but] at least sometimes
In your memories,
I will keep meeting you
In your glances,
For me one moment’s
Ease there isn’t,
Without you, [at] my here
There isn’t anybody
*

@
Kyūṃ
Yādoṅ me terā hī ceh’rā
Basā hai yūṃ?
Dil’ me mere āke
Rehǝ jā tū
Kyūṃ
Merī sāṅsoṅ me
Bas’ne lagī hai tū?
Terā ban’ke
Basǝ meṅ rehǝ jāūṃ

Bas yūṃ
Mujhǝko to ekǝ vārī
Hāṃ karǝ de
Mānā tere āge piche
Kinne fir’de
Ṕhirǝ āke
Hāthǝ merā tū faṛ le
Mukhǝṛā
Terā jaisā cāńdǝ kā hai
Ṭukǝṛā
Abǝ merā dil’ kī
Kyā hai khatā?
Abǝ kyūṃ mujh’se
Tū hai judā?

@ Despāsīto
Terī qātilānā adāyeṅ
Dīnǝ rātǝ mujhǝko satāe
Ṕhirǝ kyūṃ tū mujhǝse xafā hai?
Despāsīto
Abǝ mānǝ le merā käh’nā
Dūrǝ kaise hai rähǝnā?
Tū mānǝ le merā käh’nā

Rap: Ab’ käh’te haiṅ g’ye duniyā vāle
Ki maiṅ ban’ g’yā dīvānā
Sote jāg’te khāte pīte
Calte firte haṃste gāte
Bas’ terā hai nāmǝ liyā
Bebī
Bas’ terā hai nāmǝ liyā
Ceh’rā terā aise camke
Jaise sūraj’ kī kiran’
Jab’ hī dekhū̃ tujhe bebī
Ruk jāe mere qadam
Adāyeṅ terī kar’tī hai
Mere dil’ pe vār’
Jab’ hī dekhūṃ tujhe bebī
Ho jāegā pyār’
Bāteṅ karne kī koshish
Maiṅne kī kāfī bārī
Ais' ol'veis' āi em' spīc'les'
Bol na sakā ek’ bhi bārī
Tere pāyal’ kī ghuṃgh’rū ne
Aisā chāyā mujh’pe jādū
Ki maiṅ ho gayā beqābū
Tūne kyūṃ calāyā baby aisā jādū?
Aisā jādū?    Oh
Tere ghar’ ki vo galī
Mujhe khīṅce terī aur’
Jab’ guzǝrūṃ terī galī se
Mujhe roke harǝ roz
Tū śarmātī hai
Dekh’ke mujhe ghabrātī hai
Jab’ guzǝrūṃ terī pāsǝ se
Tere āṅkheṅ dekhǝke
Kyūṃ ḍarātī hai

* Kabhī na kabhī to
Yādoṅ meṅ terī
Maiṅ miltā rahūṃgā
Nazaroṅ meṅ terī
Mujhe ekǝ pal kā
Cainǝ nahīṅ hai
Bin tere mere yahāṃ
Koī nahīṅ hai…
*

@



Why
Is your face living
In these memories of mine?
Come into my heart
And there abide.
Why
Do you seem to be living
In my breaths, why?
May I keep control
Now that I’m thine.

Just like that
May you at least once
Say yes to me
I’ve accepted many
Will be roaming ‘round thee
Then come hold my hand though,
Please, come to me!
There doth shine
A small fragment of the moon
On that face of thine
How’s it now at fault
This poor heart of mine?
Why doesn’t my road
With yours intertwine?

@ Despacito
Your graces, they really kill me,
Day and night with torment they fill me
So now why are you displeasèd with me?
Despacito
Now accept the word that I’m saying
Far from me how long are you remaining?
Accept the word that I’m saying

Now the world, it has been saying
That I have gone all crazy
They're sleeping waking eating drinking
Walking roaming laughing singing
But I have just taken your name
Baby
But I have just taken your name
Your face, it is oh so shiny,
Just like of sunshine a ray
Whenever I see you baby
My steps, they get stopped
Your graces, they are making now
An attack on my heart
Whenever I see you baby
I’ll fall in love
And I’ve tried to speak to you
I have made enough tries
As always I am speechless
Couldn’t say even on one try
That bell on your anklet right there
On me has placed such a strong spell
That I am out of control
Why did you cast on me, baby, such a strong spell?
Such a strong spell?    Oh
Now the street your house is on
Has called me to come to you
When I pass on your street
Each day it will stop me out the blue
You are feeling shy
When you see me you are full of fright
When I’m walking and you are right nearby
And I look into your eyes
Why do you feel fright?

* Sometimes not sometimes yes
Īn yōur mem’ries
I’ll keep meeting with you
Just inside your glances
Because I can’t live
A single moment at ease
Because I’m alone here
If you’re not with me
*

@

No comments:

Post a Comment