Friday 6 December 2019

Never turning back

Speaking of fighting and enduring, which has been the theme for a couple posts, we have today a Mandarin song called 永远不回头 | Yǒngyuǎn bù huítóu, "I will never turn back". I had contemplated the idea of translating it for some time when, in the evening of 14/11/18, I finally translated 1/4 of the first part into Italian. The next evening, I translated the second part and the last line of the first part, and the next morning, I finished it. Then, between 00:00 and 1:00 of 17/11, perhaps to fill the column next to Italian, I translated the whole thing into English. Though «'Sta vita ha da averli entrambi» doesn't agree with me that much, let's see if I can improve it while drafting this on 17/12/18 at 17:02… Done before 17:02 even arrived :). And around 17:03 I was done with changing «Se il buio mi prova / Se il fuoco mi brucia» to their present form. The change from «And maybe change my promise» to the present form was made 17/11/18 11:49, but somehow got lost on its way to the blog. Let's see the results!


在天色破晓之前
我想要爬上山巅
仰望星辰
向时间祈求永远
当月光送走今夜
我想要跃入海面
找寻起点
看誓言可会改变
年轻的泪水不会白流
痛苦和骄傲
这一生都要拥有
年轻的心灵还会颤抖
再大的风雨
我和你也要向前冲

永远不回头
不管天有多高
忧伤和寂寞
感动和快乐
都在我心中
永远不回头
不管路有多长
黑暗试探我
烈火燃烧我
都要去接受
永远不回头



Prima che sorga l'alba
Voglio salire in vetta
E guardar le stelle
Chieder l’eterno al tempo
Quando finirà la notte
Voglio tuffarmi in mare
E cercare un inizio
Forse cambiar promesse
Non sprecherò le mie giovani lacrime
Orgoglio e dolor
Or li devo vivere entrambi
Il mio cuor giovane a volte trema
Pure in forte tempesta
Io e te insieme avanti andrem!

Mai mi volterò!
Pur se il cielo è in alto
Solitudine, tristezza,
Gioia, emozione:
Le ho tutte nel cuor!
Mai mi volterò!
Pur su lunga strada:
Mi provi il buio,
Mi bruci il fuoco:
Lo sopporterò!
Mai mi volterò!
Zài tiānsè pòxiǎo zhī qián
Wǒ xiǎngyào pá shàng shāndiān
Yǎngwàng xīngchén
Xiàng shíjiān qíqiú yǒngyuǎn
Dàng yuèguāng sòng zǒu jīnyè
Wǒ xiǎngyào yuè rù hǎimiàn
Zhǎoxún qǐdiǎn
Kàn shìyán kě huì gǎibiàn
Niánqīng de lèishuǐ bù huì báiliú
Tòngkǔ hé jiāo'ào
Zhè yīshēng dōu yào yǒngyǒu
Niánqīng de xīnlíng hái huì chàndǒu
Zài dà de fēngyǔ
Wǒ hé nǐ yě yào xiàng qián chōng

Yǒngyuǎn bù huítóu
Bù guǎn tiān yǒu duō gāo
Yōushāng hé jìmò
Gǎndòng hé kuàilè
Dōu zài wǒ xīn zhōng
Yǒngyuǎn bù huítóu
Bù guǎn lù yǒu duō cháng
Hēi'àn shìtàn wǒ
Lièhuǒ ránshāo wǒ
Dōu yào qù jiēshòu
Yǒngyuǎn bù huítóu



Before the break of dawn comes,
I want to climb the mountain,
Gaze at bright stars,
Ask for a whole forever.
When moonlight sends off this night,
I want to dive into the sea,
Seek a start point,
Maybe my promise I'll change…
I will not waste my tears of young age
Both grievance and pride
I must have both in this life
Though my young heart sometimes still trembles
Though great storms come up
You and I'll still keep walkin' on!

Never turning back!
Let the sky be so highest,
Sadness and loneliness,
Movedness and joy,
They’re all in my heart!
Never turning back!
Let the road be so longest,
Let darkness test me,
Let fire burn me:
I'll stand all of that!
Never turning back!

No comments:

Post a Comment