Tuesday 3 December 2019

Roar up to the sun

Speaking of fighting and enduring as in the previous song, we have a Mandarin song called 向太阳怒吼 | Xiàng tàiyáng nǔhòu, "Roar to the sun". I had been contemplating the idea of translating this for quite some time when, on 31/10/18, I finally translated it into English in the evening. Here it goes!


跑过昨天的我
跑过心中的山与河
击败所有的错
击败命运这个对手
当我对自己许下承诺
狂风和暴雨都在笑我
超越每一座山峰
我不让眼泪流

我要向太阳怒吼
人间有没有英雄
把所有的梦打破
把黑暗丢开
让阳光照进来
我要向太阳怒吼
征服每一片天空
如果我可以选择
我想要创造新的地球
Pǎo guò zuótiān de wǒ
Pǎo guò xīn zhōng de shān yǔ hé
Jíbài suǒyǒu de cuò
Jíbài mìngyùn zhè ge duìshǒu
Dāng wǒ duì zìjǐ xǔxià chéngnuò
Kuángfēng hé bàoyǔ dōu zài xiào wǒ
Chāoyuè měi yī zuò shānfēng
Wǒ bù ràng yǎnlèi liú

Wǒ yào xiàng tàiyáng nùhǒu
Rénjiān yǒu méiyǒu yīngxióng
Bǎ suǒyǒu de mèng dǎpò
Bǎ hēi'àn diūkāi
Ràng yángguāng zhào jìnlái
Wǒ yào xiàng tàiyáng nùhǒu
Zhēngfú měi yī piàn tiānkōng
Rúguǒ wǒ kěyǐ xuǎnzé
Wǒ xiǎngyào chuàngzào xīn de dìqiú



I've run past yesterday
Run past mounts and rivers in my heart
I've defied all my wrong
Defied this enemy destiny
And whenever I made a promise
Though with violent storms laughing at me
I went over ev'ry peak
And never once did cry

I want to roar up to the sun
"Are there heroes in this world?"
I want to shatter ev'ry dream
Break open the darkness,
Let the sun shine in
I want to roar up to the sun
Conquer ev'ry corner of sky
Yea, if I can make a choice
I want to create a brand new earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment