Monday 3 December 2018

Who decided to split up? (or rather, lifelong only you)

This post links much better to two posts ago [which I believe refers to "How you speak", between which and this post there are two posts], because we have a breakup having gone on, and the singer nostalgically remembers the past, and is also waiting for him like two posts ago. We have two songs today: a Min one and a Mandarin one, sharing title (一生只有你 - lifelong only you) and tune. I met the Min song sometime in Spring 2013 (year 2 of Chinese) and the Mandarin one over half a year later sometime in year 3 of Chinese, probably before Christmas, and this motivates the order I present them in here. I translated the Min one to English on Jun 4 2017, and the Mandarin one… um, what was I thinking when I planned the post with two songs and didn't include the Mandarin one in the translation list? Welp, I'll have to translate it now. I did that on Aug 9 2018 at 23:20, and the next day at 11:23 I realized the damn captions with their suí spelled 水 had placed a spurious "wet" in my translation, and amended it to "nice". I also suspect 路 | lōo, "(the) road", should be 拢 | lóng, "all", but maybe I'm overthinking. I don't have any evidence of such misspellings from before, so I'll leave this be. Let's see these songs!


*我的泪因为你
变成粒星
我的心因为你
才有温暖的冬天
你的情为着为了
甘愿想甜
你一生我一生
回头我过去
路是遮尔这么
你一张我一张
退色褪色相片照片
有美丽的记持记忆
啥人甘先离开

#一生只有你
会当可以原谅我的脾气
一生只有你
会当可以体贴我的伤悲
啥物什么啥物什么
喘气呼吸
一句我爱你
才甘愿出嘴
啥物什么啥物什么
袂当不可以我的命换你
地狱天当我先去






* Guá ê luī in-uī lí
Piàn sîng siōng kng hit lia̍p tshinn
Guá ê sim in-uī lí
Tsiah ū un-luán ê tang-thinn
Lí ê tsîng uī-tio̍h guá
Kam-guān tsia̍h khóo m̄ siūnn tinn
Lí it-sing guá it-sing
Huê-thâu khuànn kuè-khì
Lōo sī tsiah-nī suí
Lí tsi̍t tiunn guá tsi̍t tiunn
Thè-sik ê siòng-phìnn
Ū bí-lē ê kì-tî
Siánn-lâng kam sin lī-khui

# It-sing tsí ū lí
Ē-tàng guân-liōng guá ê phî-khì
It-sing tsí ū lí
Ē-tàng thé-thiap guá ê siong-pi
Uī siánn-mih uī siánn-mih
Tán kah lí bô tshuán-khuì
Tsi̍t kù guá ài lí
Tsiah kam-guān kóng tshut tshuì
Uī siánn-mih uī siánn-mih
Buē-tàng hōo guá ê miā uānn lí
Tē-ga̍k thian-tông guá sin khì

*

#

#


My tears thanks to you
Turned into the brightest stars.
My heart thanks to you
Went through winters that were warm.
For your feelings for me,
You’d want sorrow, nothing sweet.
Your whole life my whole life
Looking at our past
Our road was so nice.
The two of us are both
Fading photographs
We have wonderful memories:
Who wanted first to leave?

There was only you
Who my character could forgive.
There was only you
To support me when I was sad.
Why is it, why is it?
Waiting for you I can’t breathe.
One thing: I love you,
I only just told you.
Why is it, why is it?
I cannot make my life change you,
And I’ll first go to heav’n or hell.


*我的泪因为你
变成天上的星星
我的心因为你
给我温暖的回应
你的请为了我
不管受多少委屈
你一生我一生
经过了多少
滂沱的风雨
每一个有你的
甜蜜深夜里
是美丽的回忆
从来都不忘记

#一生只有你
才能了解我的脾气
一生只有你
付出所有的真情意
为什么为什么
看到你在哭泣
一句我爱你
还深藏在心里
为什么为什么
所有的千言万语
最后变成对不起






* Wǒ de lèi yīnwèi nǐ
Biàn chéng tiān shàng de xīngxīng
Wǒ de xīn yīnwèi nǐ
Gěi wǒ wēnnuǎn de huíyīng
Nǐ de qǐng wèile wǒ
Bù guǎn shòu duōshǎo wěiqu
Nǐ yīshēng wǒ yīshēng
Jīngguòle duōshǎo
Pāngtuó de fēngyǔ
Měi yī gè yǒu nǐ de
Tiánmì shēn yè lǐ
Shì měilì de huíyì
Cónglái dōu bù wàngjì

# Yīshēng zhǐyǒu nǐ
Cái néng liǎojiě wǒ de píqì
Yīshēng zhǐyǒu nǐ
Fùchū suǒyǒu de zhēn qíngyì
Wèishénme wèishénme
Kàn dào nǐ zài kūqì
Yī jù wǒ ài nǐ
Hái shēn cáng zài xīnlǐ
Wèishénme wèishénme
Suǒyǒu de qiān yán wàn yǔ
Zuìhòu biàn chéng duìbùqǐ

*

#

#


My teardrops thanks to you
Became stars up in the sky
My heart because of you
Has become all full of warmth
And no matter how much grief
Your love for me has gone through,
Or how much pouring
Rainstorms there have been
Within my life or yours,
Every sweet deep night I've ever spent with you
Is a good memory
Which I will ne'er forget

There was only you
Who my temper could understand
There was only you
Who would show me so much true love
Why's it that why's it that
I see you crying now?
My own "I love you"
Still hides deep in my heart
Why's it that why's it that
All of the words we once shared
Have now turned to just "Sorry"?

No comments:

Post a Comment