Saturday 6 July 2019

A secret I can't tell

Speaking of "In my heart I have a secret" (quote the last song), today we have two songs, both titled like the post, whether it be Mandarin 不能说的秘密 | Bù néng shuō de mìmì or Min Nan 袂使讲的秘密 | Buē-sái kóng ê pì-bi̍t. I met the Mandarin one between Easter and May 12 2012, and translated it to English soon afterwards and to French within the summer, and the Min one somewhat earlier in the same timespan, and I guess I produced an English version with many errors due to scarce knowledge of Min, so I will put the mistranslation on the left and the revised version from ~14:08 on 11/9/18 on the right. To be more precise:
  • The Min song is first recorded in Firefox session 17 from 2/7/12, session 16 being from 29/6/12;
  • The Mandarin one is first recorded in Firefox session 19 from 12/7/12, session 18 being from 6/12;
  • The mistranslation of the Min song found in the left column, as well as both translations of the Mandarin one, are first recorded in a 18/8/12 20:54, not appearing in the previous one from 15:27 the same day, suggesting they were made on 18/8/12; the main mistranslation bit I remember was from how I read "shai" is a perfective particle of sorts in Cantonese, and combining that with the rerendered title 不能讲的秘密 I concluded "mei shai" (bue-sai) had to mean "do not complete", so "can't tell through" came out of that;
  • Actually, a version of the Min mistranslation is found between the 6/8/12 and 20/8/12 diary entries, with the following differences from the blog version:
    • «now I want» in place of «I now wish» in l. 3;
    • «Since my life’s road met with you» in place of «My life’s road has met with you»;
    • «I love» in place «I'll love» (in both instances of «I'll love you deeper»)»;
    • «’Cause I fear to lose you» in place of «Fearing I may lose you», a change made later in the diary;
    • «go to the sky» in place of «fly to the sky»;
    The mega-intro dates this version to 6/8;
  • As for the other two translations, they are handwritten on the printout of the 28/7/12 file, and dated to 11/8/12 by the mega-intro; the handwritten versions have the following differences from the below:
    1. «This taste teaches how I can forget», fixed in blog times (cfr. below);
    2. «And fear you’ll angry be / And fear I will lose you», one of them being an alternative to the below, and the other rendering the alternate Chinese 又怕会失去你;
    3. «The feeling I show»;
    4. «I dontjust want to dream us ev’ry night», a senseless alternate beginning I immediately scrapped;
    5. «Dans mon cœur une grande douce», spello;
    6. «Cet savoir m’apprends comment j’peux oublier»;
    7. «Mais crains que j’perdrais toi / Mais crains qu’ tu t’ fva fâcher», again one is for the alternate Chinese and one is an older form of the below line;
    8. «N’a pas un réponse».
As I add in the dating info [aside from the diary part], I check that the translations from Mandarin be those from the file, and I see «This taste teaches how I can forget» and «Ce goût m’apprend comment j’ peux oublier» are still as in the file, so I fix them, in that order, within the 16:42 timespan of 12/11/21. I should probably remake them to rhyme some more, and perhaps do a double version for the alternate 又怕会失去你 version of the line that appears below translated from 又怕你会生气 (the Chinese text shows both options). Let's see!


* 爱上不该爱的人
深深爱着你
爱情的魔力
让我忘了我自己
只要天天看见你
心里感到甜密密
这种滋味教我怎能忘记

# 不能说的秘密
藏在心中多么委屈
想要告诉你
又怕你会生气1
不能说的秘密
只能怪我自作多情
爱得太痛苦
为你痴痴迷迷

@ 付出的真情
得不到回音
但愿夜夜梦见我和你

*

#

@

#

@

1 有地方也说“又怕会失去你”



* I love one I should not love
Deeply I love you
Love’s charms now make me
Fully forget about me
Just wish to see you each day
In my heart I feel great sweet
Teach me to forget this bitterness!

# Secret I cannot tell
How much pain hiding in my heart
I want to tell you
And fear you’ll angry be
Secret I cannot tell
I can just blame you don’t love me
Love’s too great a pain
For you I am crazy

@ This feeling I show
Gets no answer back
I just want to dream us ev’ry night

*

#

@

#

@





* 爱着不该爱的人
有我也有你
为你我愿意
今生
人生的路拄着遇上
注定错误的开始
总有一秘密随我逝去

# 袂使不会讲的秘密
因为爱你
将你捏絚絚紧紧
因为失去你
袂使不会讲的秘密
因为爱你
毋甘舍不得将你放
你飞向天边

@ 经过这么
没有你的日子
犹原仍然定定常常梦中看见你

*

#

@

#

@



* Loving one I should not love
I have me and you
For you I now wish
To have pain and stop my joy
My life’s road has met with you
I’ve been doomed to always err
Sure there’ll be a secret dying with me

# Secret I can’t tell through
You hide more, I’ll love you deeper
I hug you tight tight
Fearing I may lose you
Secret I can’t tell through
You go more, I’ll love you deeper
Won’t thus let you go
I fear you’ll fly to the sky.

@ Gone through all these years
Days you weren’t here
Still I often see you in my dreams.

*

#

@

#

@
* Àishàng bù gāi ài de rén
Shēnshēn àizhe nǐ
Àiqíng de mólì
Ràng wǒ wàngliao wǒ zìjǐ
Zhǐ yào tiāntiān kànjiàn nǐ
Xīn lǐ gǎndào tiánmìmi
Zhè zhǒng zīwèi jiào wǒ zěn néng wàngjì

# Bù néng shuō de mìmì
Cáng zài xīn zhōng duōme wěiqu
Xiǎngyào gàosù nǐ
Yòu pà nǐ huì shēngqì1
Bù néng shuō de mìmì
Zhǐ néng guài wǒ zìzuòduōqíng
Ài de tài tòngkǔ
Wèi nǐ chīchīmímí

@ Fùchū de zhēn qíng
Dé bù dào huíyīn
Dàn yuàn yèyè mèng jiàn wǒ hé nǐ

*

#

@

#

@

1 Yǒu dìfāng yě shuō "Yòu pà huì shīqù nǐ".



* J’aime qui je n’ devrais aimer
Je t’aime beaucoup
La magie d’ l’amour
Me fait oublier moi-même
Je veux seul te voir chaque jour
Dans mon cœur une grande douceur
Apprend-moi donc comment j'peux oublier!

# Le secret qu’ je n’ peux dire
Combien de tristesse dans mon cœur
Je te l’ voudrais dire
Mais crains qu’ tu t’ va fâcher
Le secret qu’ je n’ peux dire
C’est seul car je crois que tu m’aimes
Une douleur trop grande
Pour toi je suis tout fou

@ Ce mon sentiment
N’a pas une réponse
Mais j’ veux voir nos deux en rêve chaque nuit

*

#

@

#

@





* Ài-tio̍h put-kai ài--ê lâng
Ū guá iā ū lí
Uī lí guá guān-ì
Kim-sing tsia̍h-khóo koh tsia̍h-tinn
Lîn-sing--ê lōo tú-tio̍h lí
Tsù-tiānn tshòo-gōo--ê khai-sí
Tsóng ū tsi̍t kang pì-bi̍t suî guá sī khì

# Buē-sái kóng--ê pì-bi̍t
In-uī ài lí lú tshàng lú tshim
Tsiong lí tēnn ân-ân
In-uī kiann sit-khì lí
Buē-sái kóng--ê pì-bi̍t
In-uī ài lí lú liáu/liâu lú tshim
M̄-kam tsiong lí pàng
Kiann lí pue hiòng thinn-pinn

@ King-kuè tsiah tsuē nî
Bô lí--ê li̍t-tsí
Iû-guân tiānn-tiānn bāng tiong khuànn-kìnn lí

*

#

@

#

@



* Who loves one they should not love?
There's me and there's you
For you I now wish
To feel pain and to feel joy
On life’s road I've met with you
Which condemned me to mistakes
Sure there’ll be a secret dying with me

# Secret I cannot tell
You hide more, I’ll love you deeper
I hug you tight tight
Fearing I may lose you
Secret I cannot tell
You care less, I’ll love you deeper
I can't let you go
I fear you’ll fly to the sky.

@ Gone through all these years
Days you weren’t here
Still I often see you in my dreams.

*

#

@

#

@

No comments:

Post a Comment