Saturday 22 January 2022

The Disco Beat

Today we have an English song which I cannot find online. The title is the same as the post. I'll now quote what will be removed from the incomplete translations post about this translation. «This reached me via my brother who heard it in school back when he was in the last year of primary and we did most of the year in England». I have a couple text uncertainties: "cares" in the antepenult line of the second section may be "scares", and "Dance" in the following line may be "Get". I chose the versions that made most sense to me.
«I started at lunchtime on 13/1/21 with the verse, but I was like nah, not completing this, not even writing this, till around 14:58 I did the chorus and liked it enough to change my mind. From then to 15:04, I do the below. The 14/1/22 variant «Tengo un canto nel cuor» was discarded. As I put it here, on 16/1/22 at 12:42, I switched "cantar" and "ballare" around in the Italian. «Che ognuno sa» -> «Che tutti san» for the last line of the verse is of uncertain dating, but definitely after 14:00 on 16/1/22 and before 9:20 on the next day. That same day at 11:46-11:47, I finally complete the translation.
As for the Chinese, I do ll. 1-3 on 14/1/22 at 14:09, then the last two at 14:10, then l. 4 sometime before 14:25, and then on 15/1/22 I change «我的足里有节奏,» and «那个动作的方式,» to their present forms, passing through «这种动身的方式» for the latter. The verse is completed on 17/1/22 at I think 2:08 (not sure about the minutes), and l. 1 of the chorus is from one minute later, while the 谁都知道 in place of 人人都知道 to end the verse is from 9:10 or 9:11 on 17/1. Same day 11:45, I fix 足指 to 脚趾. That same 17/1 I continue up to "Leave those cares and worries behind", and the following day between 19:06 and 19:09 I change 切分音优好呢? to the form below and complete the translation».
That said, let's see the song and translations!


There's a song in my heart
And a rhythm in my feet,
Gotta sing and dance
To the disco beat!
I can feel it in my fingers,
Feel it in my toes:
It's the one way of moving
That ev'ryone knows!

So move with the beat,
Feel the syncopation!
Move those feet:
What's the hesitation?
Leave those (s)cares and worries behind!
Get/Dance with the music,
Let your body run wild!



我心里有歌曲,
我双足里有节奏,
得唱歌跳舞
跟随DISCO
我的手指里感到它,
脚趾也感到,
这动身体的方式,
谁都知道

就请随拍子:
切分音太好了!
别停止:
你还犹豫什么?
关怀担心都留在身后!
请变野蛮,
请跟随音乐的节奏!
Oggi ho un canto nel cuor
Ed un ritmo nei miei piè,
Mo' devo cantar
E ballare, oh yeah!
Me lo sento nei miei piedi
E pure nelle man,
È quel modo di muoversi
Che tutti san!

Su, muoviti a tempo,
Senti il sincopato!
Muovi i piè:
Perché stai lì bloccato?
Scorda tutto, tranquillo stai,
Su, con la musica
Scatenati, dài!



Wǒ xīn lǐ yǒu gēqǔ,
Wǒ shuāng zú lǐ yǒu jiézòu,
Děi chànggē tiàowǔ
Gēnsuí dīsīkǒu!
Wǒ de shǒuzhǐ lǐ gǎndào tā,
Jiǎozhǐ yě gǎndào,
Zhè dòng shēntǐ de fāngshì,
Shéi dōu zhīdào

Jiù qǐng suí pāizi:
Qiēfēnyīn tài hǎo le!
Bié tíngzhǐ:
Nǐ hái yóuyù shénme?
Guānhuái dānxīn dōu liú zài shēnhòu!
Qǐng biàn yěmán,
Qǐng gēnsuí yīnyuè de jiézòu!

No comments:

Post a Comment