Were you expecting a post in Italian? Well, too bad for you :). We have an Italian song translated to English, Azzurro. Let's hear IAFI!
On 16/6/23, after ditching the French, I try the same in English at 21:21, and by 21:25 the chorus is complete, then I continue and, by 21:42, I have verse 1 and the start of verse 2, with «It feels like when I was a churchboy,», which changes to the below form at 5:15 (yes, I couldn't catch sleep :) ) the following night. Shortly before lunch, at 13:21-13:22, I do verse 3. Over a longish time period which ends at 17:05 that day, I put together the following intertwining:
Due to this Hungarian translation (which I submitted because the current author never bothered to but then it was reattributed to the rightful author), at 16:42 on 18/6/23 I consider «Too sky-blue» instead of «Too azure», but Idk. Then, the same day, I do verse 2 at 19:17-19:22, posting the complete version to Lyricstranslate at 19:24. At 9:02 the next day I think of the "sky-blue" version of the second "azzurro", i.e. «The afternoon is too sky-blue / And lengthy for me». For now, I leave "azure", as per LT
The result of that is the below, modulo the tweaks «Use azure the first time and sky-blue the second» (30/9/23 10:51) and «I have no resources if you are / Not here with me» (13:14, formerly «That I am left without a resource / Here without thee»), the latter being post-recording. The idea of using "cerulean", given below as alternate, is from 2/10/26 19:09, with specific implementation from 9/10/26 13:29.
Let's see this song!
On 16/6/23, after ditching the French, I try the same in English at 21:21, and by 21:25 the chorus is complete, then I continue and, by 21:42, I have verse 1 and the start of verse 2, with «It feels like when I was a churchboy,», which changes to the below form at 5:15 (yes, I couldn't catch sleep :) ) the following night. Shortly before lunch, at 13:21-13:22, I do verse 3. Over a longish time period which ends at 17:05 that day, I put together the following intertwining:
Due to this Hungarian translation (which I submitted because the current author never bothered to but then it was reattributed to the rightful author), at 16:42 on 18/6/23 I consider «Too sky-blue» instead of «Too azure», but Idk. Then, the same day, I do verse 2 at 19:17-19:22, posting the complete version to Lyricstranslate at 19:24. At 9:02 the next day I think of the "sky-blue" version of the second "azzurro", i.e. «The afternoon is too sky-blue / And lengthy for me». For now, I leave "azure", as per LT
The result of that is the below, modulo the tweaks «Use azure the first time and sky-blue the second» (30/9/23 10:51) and «I have no resources if you are / Not here with me» (13:14, formerly «That I am left without a resource / Here without thee»), the latter being post-recording. The idea of using "cerulean", given below as alternate, is from 2/10/26 19:09, with specific implementation from 9/10/26 13:29.
Let's see this song!
Cerco l'estate tutto l'anno E all'improvviso eccola qua Lei è partita per le spiagge E sono solo quassù in città Sento fischiare sopra i tetti Un aeroplano che se ne va Rit.: Azzurro Il pomeriggio è troppo azzurro E lungo per me Mi accorgo Di non avere più risorse Senza di te E allora Io quasi quasi prendo il treno E vengo, vengo da te Il treno dei desideri Nei miei pensieri all'incontrario va Sembra quand'ero all'oratorio Con tanto sole, tanti anni fa Quelle domeniche da solo In un cortile, a passeggiar Ora mi annoio più di allora Neanche un prete per chiacchierar Rit. Cerco un po' d'Africa in giardino Tra l'oleandro e il baobab Come facevo da bambino Ma qui c'è gente, non si può più Stanno innaffiando le tue rose Non c'è il leone, chissà dov'è Rit. |
All through the year I look for summer, And here it is now so suddenly. I'm on my own here in the city For she's already left for the sea. I here a whistle above the rooftops: It's just an airplane abōve me. Chorus Too azure, The afternoon it is too sky-blue (*) And long for me I realize I have no resources if you are Not here with me, At which point I almost think I'll take the train and come there, Come there to thee However the train of wishes Within my thoughts can only backwards go. (*) or "The afternoon is too cerulean" This feels like back in oratory With so much sunshine so long ago, Those lonely Sundays in the courtyard When I would walk there all on my own… Now I get bored more than I used to, There is no priest here to say hello. Chorus I seek some Africa in my garden, 'Tween oleander and baobab Just like used to in my childhood, But there are people, I can no more. They are now watering your roses, The lion's not there: where could he be? Chorus |
No comments:
Post a Comment