Saturday 16 March 2019

Goodnight

Our series of grieving songs (kinda?) continues with Schubert's Lied Gute Nacht, first from Winterreise. I started translating it into Mandarin one evening, but then had trouble with rhymes, and Min seemed to solve the problem, so I switched, and the first verse was completed that evening, i.e. 14/11/18. Then time fled my hands, up till, in the evening/night of 16/11, I translated verse 2, then verse 3 the following morning, and verse 4 in the afternoon. I guess I'll give a literal English rendition (not singable) to fill the column next to German. I don't think I'll try another translation. The original from Nov 2018 had 做路 tsue-lōo instead of 行路 kiânn-lōo. No idea where I got that word. It was replaced within 17/12/2018, quite possibly exactly that day, while drafting this post.. Let's see!


Fremd bin ich eingezogen,
Fremd zieh' ich wieder aus.
Der Mai war mir gewogen
Mit manchem Blumenstrauß.
Das Mädchen sprach von Liebe,
Die Mutter gar von Eh', -
Nun ist die Welt so trübe,
Der Weg gehüllt in Schnee.

Ich kann zu meiner Reisen
Nicht wählen mit der Zeit,
Muß selbst den Weg mir weisen
In dieser Dunkelheit.
Es zieht ein Mondenschatten
Als mein Gefährte mit,
Und auf den weißen Matten
Such' ich des Wildes Tritt.

Was soll ich länger weilen,
Daß man mich trieb hinaus ?
Laß irre Hunde heulen
Vor ihres Herren Haus;
Die Liebe liebt das Wandern -
Gott hat sie so gemacht -
Von einem zu dem andern.
Fein Liebchen, gute Nacht !

Will dich im Traum nicht stören,
Wär schad' um deine Ruh'.
Sollst meinen Tritt nicht hören -
Sacht, sacht die Türe zu !
Ich schreibe nur im Gehen
Ans Tor noch: Gute Nacht,
Damit du mögest sehen,
An dich hab' ich gedacht.



我像陌生人来啊
像陌生人去啊
五月用些盛开啊
的花束我摇篮
女人谈论爱情啊
母亲谈论婚礼
世间遮尔这么伤心啊
全路上有冰雪

我旅行的时间啊
可以选择
这份乌暗黑暗
家己自己路选择
月创造的阴影啊
陪伴我行路走路
我在白色草坪啊
猎物的跤步脚步

犹原何必留啊
人叫我出去?
狂狗拢可以吼啊
所有者的家前
爱情喜爱漫步啊
上帝按呢这样创造
从这路到路啊
爱人仔亲爱人晚安哦

你的梦费气啊
伤害你的和平
你听我去啊
关门关寂静
在大门上再次啊
时写”晚安啦”
你就会看我有啊
我有想你啊
A stranger I have moved in,
A stranger again I move out.
May hath cradled me
With a few decks of flowers.
My girl spoke of love,
My mother even of marriage, -
Now the world is so sad,
The road covered in snow.

For my travels I can
Not choose a time,
To myself the road I must indicate
In this darkness.
There moves a moon-made shadow
With me as my companion,
And on the white meadows
I seek the footprints of wild animals.

What shall I linger further,
That I may be driven out?
Let crazy dogs howl
Befor their masters' house;
Love loves to wander -
God hath her thus made -
From one to the other.
Fine beloved, goodnight!

I will not bother thee in thy sleep,
'Twere a damage to thy peace.
Thou shalt not hear my footsteps -
Soft, soft, close the doors!
I only write, while going,
"Goodnight" again on the gate,
Thus mayest thou see,
I have thought of thee.



Guá tshiūnn bia̍k-sng-lâng lâi--ah
Tshiūnn bia̍k-sng-lâng khì-ah
Gōo-gue̍h iōng sia sēng-khai--ah
--ê hua-sok kā guá iô-nâ
Lú-lîn tâm-lūn ài-tsîng--ah
Bú-tshin tâm-lūn hun-lé
Sè-kan tsiah-nī siong-sim--ah
Tsuân lōo siōng ū ping seh

Guá lú-hîng--ê sî-kan--ah
Guá m̄ khó-í suán-tia̍k
Ài tī tse hūn oo-àm--ah
Ka-kī kā lōo suán-tia̍k
Gue̍h tshòng-tsō--ê im-iánn--ah
I puê-phuānn guá kiânn-lōo
Guá tsāi pe̍h-sik tsháu-phiânn--ah
Tshē lia̍p-bu̍t--ê kha-pōo

Guá iu-guân hô-pit lâu--ah
Hōo lâng kiò guá tshut-khì?
Kông káu lóng khó-í háu--ah
Sóo-iú-tsiá--ê ke tsuînn
Ài-tsîng hí-ài bān-pōo--ah
Siōng-tè án-ni tshòng-tsō
Tsîng tsit lōo kàu hit lōo--ah
Ài-lîn-á buán-an--oh

Lí--ê bang m̄ beh hùi-khì--ah
M̄ beh siong-hāi lí--ê hô-pîng
M̄ beh hōo lí thiann guá khì--ah
Kuainn mn̂g kuainn kah tsi̍k-tsīng
Tsāi tuā-mn̂g siōng tsài-tshù--ah
Kiânn sî siá “Buán-an--lah”
Lí tio̍h ē khuànn guá ū--ah
Guá ū siūnn tio̍h lí--ah

No comments:

Post a Comment