Saturday 2 March 2019

Only you

So our theme of "special companies", which has been going for a number of posts, leads us to the triplet of songs containing "Only you" in their title. We start with 只有你 | Zhǐyǒu nǐ today, a Mandarin song titled just "Only you". «I met it sometime in 2012, probably close to Easter, and translated it to English soon after, and what do I know, I also have an Italian version! Surprise!», said the old intro. OK, so what do we know?
  1. The English translation was done during English class on 2/4/12, with the following different lines:
    1. «Cold rain's falling down on me» in place of «Cold rain, falling down on me», which was changed in the 28/7/12 file;
    2. «O baby, nights I've loved you» in place of «[…] missed you», which was only changed between the 8/5/13 and the 9/7/13 files;
    3. «Don't want to shush», where shush->hush was a recording-day (9/4/22) tweak from 17:03, paired with the one two items below;
    4. «I’ll never want to flinch for my love» instead of «I’ll never want to flinch before love», another 28/7/12 file change;
    5. «Never will shush», where shush->hush was a recording-day (9/4/22) tweak from 17:03, paired with the one two items above;
    6. «So thus I'm this way watching you go off», which then gets changed to the pre-blog (28/7) version «So I this way watch you go afar», whose current version «Therefore I thus watch you go afar» is a recording day (9/4/22 14:21) tweak, after the 12:23 singing error «So this way I watch you go afar»;
    7. «I blankly do run», which became «I'm blankly running» in the 28/7 file;
    8. «Please tell me», which switched please and tell me in the 28/7 file;
    9. «I want to tell someone» -> «To whom can I confide?», changed 2:25 29/6/22;
  2. The Italian translation appears as a manuscript on the printout of the 28/7 file, and the mega-intro seems to date it to 26/7; list of different lines:
    1. «Le luci a neon» is a scrapped alternate start, but that line, which is now «La notte i lampi di neon», also has the proposed variant «La notte le luci al neon» on the printout;
    2. «Più sola la fan», then changed within the manuscript to the current «Fan sola di più»;
    3. «Mi vieni ad abbracciare», a change within the manuscript deletes that e and gets to the current version;
    4. «Tu sola con me sai pianger» actually gets changed within the manuscript to «Tu sola con me sei in pianto», a change lost in the blog which I will now implement, at 12:51 on 20/4/22;
    5. «Quindi sto a guardar che vai lontan», which within the manuscript gets changed to the current «Quindi vai lontano e sto a guardar»;
    6. «Che sto inseguendo mo?», whose current version «Che sto inseguendo mai?» is a recording-day tweak made 9/4/22 17:23;
    7. «Lo voglio confidar!» -> «A chi confiderò?» -> «A chi lo confiderò?», 29/6/22 2:26:30.
  3. We then have the Romagnolo version; let's hear IAFI on this one: 「 On 15/4/22, while waiting for the Via Crucis to start, a translation file starts up in my mind, and, between 20:24 and 20:31, with some tidbits at 20:50 and some around 22, I produce the following partial translation, as intertwined on 23/4/22 around 18:40, with the addition of "A-n stëgh piò ẓètt" composed 19:04 14/5/22 as I assessed what needed to be updated in this post. The last lines of verse 1 then date to 5/10/22 23:57-23:58, with 23:57 only giving the original «Tòtta st'l'aqua frèdda aquè». As I update this, on 8/10/22 at 20:10, I do the line 冷雨冰冻我的心, which makes me add that verse to the intertwining below.」, the intertwining reading «Chéchê cun tòtta 'st'la zęt, OR 'T 'e mëzz 'd 'sta chéca ch'aquà, / A-n-um vòi vultê' indrì. / 'St'i neon ch'i brèlla int'la nòt / Piò sôl i-m fa sintìř. / L'aqua mò la-m sta agiaẓènd, / La-m fa 'rcurdêr ad tòtti al nòt che, / OH baby, / A-t ò pinsê. / / 在我最失意, / 你拥抱着我。 / 当我在流泪, / 只有你陪我在哭泣。 / / A-n vòi stêř ẓètt / 我再也不愿为爱退缩, / 在我心里的伤痛 / 又要向谁诉说? / A-n stëgh piò ẓètt, / 也无法挽回你的温柔, / 就这样的看着你远走。 / / 多少次问过自己 / 在追求些什么 / 从清晨直到黑夜 / 我茫然奔走 / L'aqua la-m agiàẓa 'e cör, / 还会有谁在为我等候 / 哦 BABY / 告诉我»; then, on Halloween eve 30/10/22 at 23:40-23:59, instead of working a bit before bedtime, I finish the translation; I then change «Cun chi in pòss-j-a parlêř?» into the below «A/Cun chi a-l pòss-j-a cunfidêř?» at 0:24 of Halloween 31/10, and at 0:25 I think of «Cun chi in pòss-j-a ciacarêř?», but it doesn't feel right, so I'll leave it here for now; NOTE I've already started the Albanian as a column-filler, doing the one line I'm adding here on 2/11 for the post layout, but I will add history details when I finish it and add it here completely;
  4. As per IAFI, «In the middle of the 20:24-20:31 Romagnolo stuff (see previous item), I also came up with this variant Italian», the variant being either « Chi ci sarà più ad aspettarmi» or «Chi potrà stare ad aspettarmi»; then on 31/10/22 at 0:31 I remake part of the Italian, namely «Più sol mi fa->fan star», at 0:46-0:51 I remake that and the first half of verse 1, and then on 2/11/22 at 15:29-15:36 I integrate the tweak from the start of this item into the remake, and complete said remake; well, I remake the verses and recover and tweak the rest;
  5. As anticipated in the Romagnolo item, we have an Albanian version too; as per IAFI, «31/10/22 2:34-2:37, probably to make a column-filler, I translate one line of this to Albanian»; I finally come back to it on 25/11/22, finishing it 23:13-0:29; except I hadn't finished it for shit, I'd missed the whole # and the first line, so time to do that now; 26/11/22 17:49-18:24;
  6. On 31/10/22 at 18:36 I think long and hard about freaking English rhymes, but all that comes out of that is one line, «I will not turn my head»; this ends up in IAFI, where I take it up again only on 22/11/22, completing it 23:23-23:48; the choice between ending the penult line of the chorus with "though" or "no" was made 15:45 24/11/22 as I put this here; 20/12/23 15:58 I then change «For what I now do fight» -> «For what it is I fight» and «From morn until night!» -> «From morning till night!»;
  7. In the middle of the English remake, I decide to translate this to Greek, and do both verses 23:31-0:06, the rest being from the next day at 14:05-15:02, with Kika's coming in the same day (23/11), and one or two tweaks by me in the meantime, one of them being done directly in the post 15:50 24/11/22.
Let's see them!


拥挤的人群之中
我不想再回头
孤独的霓虹闪烁
让夜更寂寞
冷雨打在我身上
让我再度想起了从前
哦 BABY
想你的夜

*在我最失意
你拥抱着我
当我在流泪
只有你陪我在哭泣

#不愿沈默
我再也不愿为爱退缩
在我心里的伤痛
又要向谁诉说
不再沈默
也无法挽回你的温柔
就这样的看着你远走

多少次问过自己
在追求些什么
从清晨直到黑夜
我茫然奔走
冷雨冰冻我的心
还会有谁在为我等候
哦 BABY
告诉我

Repeat *,# #
就这样的看着你远走
All pushed and squeezed in the crowd,
I don't want to turn back;
The lonely neons that flash
Make night lonelier
Cold rain, falling down on me,
Makes me rethink about my past nights,
Oh BABY
Nights I've missed you.

* When I am most down
You come to hug me,
When I'm shedding tears
Only you with me come crying.

# Don’t want to hush,
I’ll never want to flinch before love,
The pain that is in my heart,
To whom can I confide?
Never will hush
I never can restore your loving,
Therefore I thus watch you go afar.

How often I've asked myself
What I’m pursuing now?
From early morning till night
I’m blankly running.
Cold rain's frozen all my heart.
Will there still be one waiting for me?
Oh BABY
Tell me please

Repeat *,# #
Therefore I thus watch you go afar.
All pushed and squeezed in the crowd,
My head I will not turn.
The neons that flash in the night
Make me lonelier.
Cold rain, pounding down on me,
Makes me remember all those past nights,
Oh baby,
Nights I've missed you.

* When I feel most down,
You're there hugging me.
When I cry my tears,
Only you are crying with me.

Chorus:
Don't want to hold still
For love I will not cower and hide.
The pain that is in my heart,
To whom can I confide?
I won't hold still
I can't bring back your tenderness, though,
So I just watch as away you go.

How many times I do wonder
For what it is I fight
As quickly and blankly I run
From morning till night!
Cold rain my poor heart doth freeze,
Will there be someone waiting for me?
Oh baby,
Please tell me!

Repeat *,chorus, chorus
So I just watch as away you go.



Chéchê cun tòtta 'st'la zęt,
A-n-um vòi vultê' indrì.
'St'i neon ch'i brèlla int'la nòt
Piò sôl i-m fa sintìř.
L'aqua mò la-m sta agiaẓènd,
La-m fa 'rcurdêr ad tòtti al nòt che,
OH baby,
A-t ò pinsê.

* Quãnd ch'u-m spiéṣ piò tãnt,
T si què ch't-a-m abrëẓ.
Quãnd ch'a piãnz piò tãnt,
T si sôl te què cun me a piãnzar.

# A-n vòi stêř ẓètt
P'r amôr a-n vòi piò avêř paùra,
'St'e mêl ch'a-j ò què int''e cör,
Cun chi a-l pòss-j-a cunfidêř?
A-n stëgh piò ẓètt,
Mo a-n pòss gnãch fê' ch't-a-m vòja bẽ nẽca,
Dõca a-m stëgh aquè e a-t guérd aviê'-t.

Quẽt völt l'è ch'a-m sò cmãndê
A cös' ch'a végh drì mò!
Mè d'la matẽna a la nòt
Mè a còrr, a-n sò indô'.
L'aqua la-m agiàẓa 'e cör,
A truvarò-j-a chi ch'u-m tẽ da stêř?
OH BABY
Dì-m-a-l, sò!

* # #
Dõca a-m stëgh aquè e a-t guérd aviê'-t.



Με σφίγγει το πλήθος, κι εγώ
Δε θέλω να γυρνώ.
Μ' όλα τα φώτα εδώ,
Μονάχος 'μ' εγώ.
Κρύα πέφτει η βροχή,
Κι όλες τις νύχτες μου θυμίζει,
Ω μπέιμπι,
Που μου ‘χεις λείψει.

* Όταν 'μ' απογοητευμένος,
Να, μ’ έχεις στην αγκαλιά.
Όταν κλαίω εγώ,
Μόνη εσύ, να, κλαις με μένα.

# Δε θέλω ν' ησυχάζω,
Δε θα ζαρώνω λόγω αγάπης,
Στην καρδιά μου 'ναι μια πληγή·
Με ποιο να την συζητώ;
Δε θ' ησυχάζω,
Οριστικά έφυγε η αγάπη,
Έτσι φεύγεις και μόνο κοιτώ.

Πὀσες φορές απορώ
Τι τώρα κυνηγώ!
Τρέχω απ' το πρωΐ στη νυχτιά
Τυχαία και γοργά.
Με παγώνει το νερό,
Θα περιμένει τάχα κάποιος;
Ω μπέιμπι,
Να μου λες αυτό!

* # #
Έτσι φεύγεις και μόνο κοιτώ.
Yǒngjǐ de rénqún zhī zhōng
Wǒ bù xiǎng zài huítóu
Gūdú de níhóng shǎnshuò
Ràng yè gèng jìmò
Lěng yǔ dǎ zài wǒ shēnshang
Ràng wǒ zàidù xiǎngqǐle cóngqián
Ó BABY
Xiǎng nǐ de yè

* Zài wǒ zuì shīyì
Nǐ yǒngbàozhe wǒ
Dāng wǒ zài liúlèi
Zhǐyǒu nǐ péi wǒ zài kūqì

# Bù yuàn chénmò
Wǒ zàiyě bù yuàn wéi ài tuìsuō
Zài wǒ xīn lǐ de shāng tòng
Yòu yào xiàng shuí sùshuō
Bù zài chénmò
Yě wúfǎ wǎnhuí nǐ de wēnróu
Jiù zhèyàng de kànzhe nǐ yuǎn zǒu

Duōshǎo cì wènguò zìjǐ
Zài zhuīqiú xiē shénme
Cóng qīngchén zhídào hēiyè
Wǒ mángrán bēnzǒu
Lěng yǔ bīngdòng wǒ de xīn
Hái huì yǒu shuí zài wèi wǒ děnghòu
Ó BABY
Gàosu wǒ

Repeat *, # #
Jiù zhèyàng de kànzhe nǐ yuǎn zǒu
La folla mi schiaccia e non
Mi voglio più girar
La notte i lampi di neon
Fan sola di più
L’acqua cade fredda e mi
Fa ricordar le notti in cui ho,
Oh BABY,
Pensato a te

* Se frustrato son
Mi vieni ad abbracciar,
Se piangendo sto
Tu sola con me sei in pianto.

Tacer non vo’,
Non vo’ esitare per amore,
Nel mio cuore c’è dolor:
A chi lo confiderò?
Mai tacerò,
Non posso riportare il tuo amor,
Quindi vai lontano e sto a guardar.

Oh quanto chiesto mi son
Che sto inseguendo mai?
Da mane a sera io vo
A zonzo in fretta.
L’acqua m’ha ghiacciato il cuor.
Starà qualcuno ad aspettarmi?
Oh BABY
Dimmelo.

Ripetere *, # #
Quindi vai lontano e sto a guardar.
La calca mi schiaccia, e non
Mi vo' girare ancor
Con questi lampi di neon
Mi sento più sol
Cade un'acqua gelida
Che mi ricorda quelle notti,
Oh BABY,
Che pensata ti ho.

* Se spiaciuto son,
Mi vieni ad abbracciar.
Se piangendo sto,
Tu sola con me sei in pianto.

# Tacer non vo’,
Non vo’ esitare per amore,
Nel mio cuore c’è dolor:
A chi lo confiderò?
Mai tacerò,
Non posso riportare il tuo amor,
Quindi vai lontano e guardo sol.

Oh quanto chiesto mi son
Che cosa inseguendo vo?
Tutto il giorno senza uno scopo
Correndo io vo
L’acqua m’ha ghiacciato il cuor.
Chi potrà stare ad aspettarmi?
Oh BABY
Dimmelo.

Ripetere *, # #
Quindi vai lontano e sto a guardar.



Turma e madhe tu me m' shtrëngu,
Po s'du me prap' shiku.
Shum' drita shkrepin, dhe m' bojn'
M'i vetëm këtu.
Shiu i ftoht' tu m' dëku,
Dhe netët më bon me kujtu kur,
Oh baby,
Për ty kom menu.

* Kur jom më i zhgënjyer,
Ti tu m' përqafu.
Dhe kur jom tu kja,
Vetëm ti me mu je tu kja

# S'po du me hesht',
S'po du me struk' për shkak të dashnis',
Në zemrën un' kom pik'llim,
Kujt i mund m'e tregu?
Nuk kom me hesht',
Por s'muj m'e rivendos dashninë,
Andaj un' thjesht po t'shoh tu u largu.

Sa shum' her m' kom pyet' vetën
Un' po ndjek' çfar' tani!
Un' nga mëngjesi në mbrëmje
Vrapoj rastësisht.
Shiu zemrën po m'e ngrin,
A do të ket' dikush tu m' prit' mu?
Oh baby,
Thuaj-m'e mu!

* # #




Me sfíggë to plí̱thos, ki egṓ
De thélō na gyrnṓ.
M' óla ta fṓta edṓ,
Monákhos 'm' egṓ.
Krýa péftë i̱ vrokhí̱,
Ki óles tis nýkhtes moy thymízë,
O mpéimpi,
Poy moy 'khës lë́psë.

* Ótan 'm' apogoi̱tev̆ménos,
Na, m' ékhës sti̱n agkaliá.
Ótan klä́ō egṓ,
Móni̱ esý, na, kläs me ména.

# De thélō n' i̱sykházō,
De tha zarṓnō lógō agápi̱s,
Sti̱n kardiá moy 'nä mia pli̱gí̱:
Ma pöo na ti̱n syzi̱tṓ?
De th' i̱sykházō,
Oristiká éfyge i̱ agápi̱,
Étsi fév̆gës kä móno kötṓ.

Póses forés aporṓ
Ti tṓra kyni̱gṓ!
Trékhō ap' to prōḯ sti̱ nykhtiá
Tykhä́a kä gorgá.
Me pagṓnë to neró,
Tha periménë tákha kápöos?
O mpéimpi,
Na moy les af̆tó!

* # #
Étsi fév̆gës kä móno kötṓ.

No comments:

Post a Comment