Saturday 12 January 2019

My only true love

Speaking of special companies, we have 真爱只有你 | Tsin ài tsí-ū lí, "[That I] truly love there's only you", a Min song I met between Christmas 2012 and Easter 2013. It's been sitting around with unspecified target language ever since Sep 23 2018 in the evening, though I had possibly already translated the first two lines even before that day, up till I translated 4 more lines (scattered in the lyrics) in the afternoon of Sep 25 and finally settled on English only. It's still WIP (after all, I had 6 lines like 2 hours ago), as I write this draft, and we will see how long it takes to complete. I'll leave the translated parts intertwined with the original Min up till the translation is complete. OK, if the subs turn two "evening"s out of three into "sleep", the result is "Sleeping I grieve all the evening". 18:45 25/9/18: time to fix that. And that same evening, I finally complete this around 22:30. Let's see the song!


女:想你想你阮1想你
看你看你离开
伤心参着目屎眼泪流几
害阮1心疼心痛恨天
男:一年一年一年

命运创治的过去
为何当初离开

*女:梦中猶原仍然甜蜜的相思
手中只你我的相片照片
男:你拆散的月
着苦澀的滋味
女:梦你今夜转来回到1身边
等你总有一日回心转意
男:未来怎样来证明
合:阮1的真爱只有你

所有从开始



男:未来怎样来证明
合:阮1的真爱只有你

1 注意 (dialect note):闽语的人称代词 闽语有七个
人称代替:「我 | guá」,就是「我」;
「你 | lí」,就是「你」;「伊 | i」,就是
「他、她、它」;「阮 | guán / gún」,
意思是「我们、不包括你」;「咱」,
就是「咱们」,意思是「我们、也包括你」;
「恁 | lín」,就是「你们」;「亻因 | in」,
就是「他们」。在歌曲里常常只有一个我
和一个你而没有别人,所以「阮」常常跟「我」
一样、「咱」常常跟「你我」一样。
Lú: Siūnn lí siūnn lí gún siūnn lí
Khuànn lí khuànn lí beh lī-khui
Siong-sim tsham-tio̍h ba̍k-sái lâu kuí mî
Hāi gún sim-thiànn beh hūn thinn
Lâm: Tsi̍t nî tsi̍t nî koh tsi̍t nî
Tsi̍t mî tsi̍t mî thiànn tsi̍t mî
Miā-ūn tshòng-tī--ê kuè-khì
Uī-hô tong-tshoo beh lī-khui

* Lú: Bāng tiong iu-guân tinn-bi̍t--ê siunn-si
Tshiú tiong tsí tshun lí guá--ê siòng-phìnn
Lâm: Kā lí thiah-suànn--ê gue̍h mî
Lim-tio̍h khóo-siap--ê tsu-bī
Lú: Bāng lí kim-iā tńg--lâi gún sin-pinn
Tán lí tsóng-ū-tsi̍t-li̍t huê-sim-tsuán-ì
Lâm: Bī-lâi tsuánn-iūnn lâi tsìng-bîng
Ha̍p: Gún--ê tsin ài tsí-ū lí

Sóo-ū tsîng khai-sí

*

Lâm: Bī-lâi tsuánn-iūnn lâi tsìng-bîng
Ha̍p: Gún--ê tsin ài tsí-ū lí














Girl: Miss you, miss you, I miss you,
I see, I see you're leaving me
Sadness soaks me as I cry full nights
My heart broke, I hate each day
Boy: Years pass, years pass, more years pass,
All the evening I just grieve
Why did we in the first place
Leave such a seductive past?

* Girl: In my dreams there's still such sweet pining
In my hands just photos of us two
Boy: These nights that I'm not with you
I can feel a bitter taste
Girl: Dreaming that tonight you'll come back to me,
Waiting for the day you'll change your mind
Boy: How will the future testify
Both: That my one true love is you?

All from the start

*

Boy: How will the future testify
Both: That my one true love is you?

No comments:

Post a Comment