Saturday 21 July 2018

Night fog

Getting back to our "cannot forget" memory theme, we have today a Chinese song titled "夜雾 | Yè wú" (Night fog), or as the English version would be titled, "So much fog tonight". I found it as I dug up the songs from this post, and I loved it, so I decided to translate it. It was, however, not that easy, and busy as I was with those songs' lyrics, I left it waiting for some time. Then, around 18:30 on Jun 7 2018, I thought about a Hakka translation, and did it, and posted it on Hakka Lyrics. On Jun 16 in the morning (~11), I finally managed to do an English version. The line «I believed you when you said» was originally «I remember how you said» (11:04) and then «I believed how you would say» (12:55), and the below version first appears in my files on a post save for this post, dated 16/9/18. So I guess the change was made for the post, when I drafted it. Which I cannot date, unfortunately. [Well actually… we first have «I remember all your words», then «I trusted all your words», then at 12:55 on 16/6/18 we get «I've trusted all your words», then a 12:57:44 screenshot shows «I believed how you would say» in the translation note. Also, in the next line, "true" was added at 12:56. The version «I believed you when you said» is from drafting time, specifically a screenshot from 15:37:50 on 16/6/18 shows it probably about to be typed. Drafting took about 50min.] Let's get to it!

这夜雾茫茫
不知你在何方
你的声音    你的模样
叫我难忘

*我相信你的话
我两爱情永不变
地久天长
不料    不料想

@你留下寂寞
你留下惆怅
就像这夜    雾茫茫
谁知道你    在何方

这夜雾茫茫
不见月光星光
你的温柔    你的善良
叫我难忘









夜雾茫茫
在何方
你(的)声音    你(的)模样
难忘

相信
两人爱情永无变
地久天长
料    料想

@留下寂寞
留下惆怅
就像里夜    茫茫
么侪    在何方

夜雾茫茫
见月光星光
你(的)温柔    你(的)善良
难忘









Zhè yè wù mángmáng
Bù zhī nǐ zài héfāng
Nǐ de shēngyīn    nǐ de móyàng
Jiào wǒ nánwàng

* Wǒ xiāngxìn nǐ de huà
Wǒ liǎng àiqíng yǒng bù biàn
Dì jiǔ tiān cháng
Bù liào    bù liàoxiǎng

@ Nǐ liúxià jìmò
Nǐ liúxià chóuchàng
Jiùxiàng zhè yè    wù mángmáng
Shéi zhīdào nǐ    zài héfāng

Zhè yè wù mángmáng
Bù jiàn yuèguāng xīngguāng
Nǐ de wēnróu    nǐ de shànliáng
Jiào wǒ nánwàng

*

#

#



Lî/lí yà vú mông-mông
M ti nyî tshoi hô-fong
Nya kài shang-yim    nyia kài mù-yòng
Hàm ngâi nân-mông

* Ngâi siong-sìn nyî kài fà
Lióng-nyîn òi-tshîn yún mô pièn
Thì kíu thien chông
Mô liàu    mo liàu-sióng

# Nyî lîu-hà sip-mȯk
Nyî lîu-hà chîu-còng
Tshìu-tshiòng lî/lí yà    vú mông-mông
Māi-sâ ti nyî    tshoi hô-fong

Lî/lí yà vú mông-mông
M kièn nyėt-kwong sen-kwong
Nya kài vun-yû    nya kài [shèn/shàn/shán]-liông
Hàm ngâi nân-mông

*



#



So much fog tonight
I know not where you be might
Your voice and your face    cannot flee
My memory

# I believed you when you said
That our true love would never change
For all eternity
My thought could    never be

* You'd leave me loneliness
And such great sadness
As vast as    the fog tonight
Who knows where you    now be might?

So much fog tonight
Stars and moon don't give light
Your tender and kind heart    cannot flee
My memory

#

*

*

No comments:

Post a Comment