Saturday 28 July 2018

The role of history (alias I chose to leave you, but let’s give it the same title)

After a post about memory, what better continuation than "The role of history vanishes in memories"? So I bring you today 故事的角色 (Gùshi de jiàosè, The role of history), a Mandaring song I met sometime in Spring 2012 and translated into English shortly afterwards and into Japanese by that summer, and the Cantonese song that stole this song's title and tune but has lyrics that have absolutely nothing to do with the Mandarin one, and would be more aptly title by its first line, I decided to leave you, and I met this song shortly after the Mandarin one, and translated it to English shortly afterwards. OK, let's be more precise on these translations:
  1. The Chinese-English translation was the first one to be done; it appears in the English notebook under 30/3, so it was done in class; the class version differs from the below version, appearing in the 18/8 file, for the following lines:
    1. «How should my eyes get clear of their tears?»;
    2. «Like a plostarted play not come to ͜an end», a failed start which ends up replaced by the below line;
    3. «M They let us», ditto;
    4. «All understand look to see our past», ditto;
    5. «Because you no longer are yourself», which gets changed to the below version after completing the translation;
    6. «Why d’you tell me I will þee forget?»;

  2. The Cantonese-English translation is next, and done in the same class as the previous one; differences from below version:
    1. «Why this sudden sudden yourmy remorse?»;
    2. «You’d chose to be jilted millionfold times», translated after doing all the rest of the translation, and promptly changed to the version below;
    3. «I wan to play the silly old man»;
    4. «You make me now not want to love you»;
    5. «I always was bored, / I've always been bored», where the first option eventually won;
    6. «Aware that your love for me»;
  3. The Chinese-Japanese translation is the last one that was done; up till 5/8, I planned on French, then, as per the mega-intro, I ended up doing the Japanese on 9/8/12, in the version below except for the following three differences, all of which are "fixed" in the 18/8/12 file:
    1. «Owaranai kōen no yō ni», where kōen seems to be a wrong word, maybe misremembered;
    2. «Oboeraseru», which is just a wrong inflection;
    3. «Rekishi no ninmu», the title of the song, where ninmu changed to yaku, probably because I realized I had chosen the wrong translation of "role".
Let's see them!


我不要在破碎的镜头里接受
你的逃避和存在
我从冷漠的角度望去
含泪的眼
该如何表白
现在的记忆
好像一场演不完的戏
让我们
都看得见过去

所有多一次

我知道故事里的夜
在为谁叹息
我知道故事里的梦
为何不再美丽
因为你已不是你自己
何必告诉我要忘了你
故事的角色
消逝在记忆里
故事的角色
消逝在记忆里


られた画像がぞうきみるかない
録画ろくがしたくない
つめたいかくから
なみだ
どうおしえる?
いま記憶きおく
わらない上演じょうえんのように
過去かこ
おぼえさせる。

歴史れきし だれ
吐息といきる、
歴史れきしゆめどうして
奇麗きれいじゃないと
きみ自分じぶんじゃないから、
ぼく わすれるとどうしてう?
歴史れきしやく
記憶きおくえる。
歴史れきしやく
記憶きおくえる。
Wǒ bù yào zài pòsuì de jìngtóu lǐ jiēshòu
Nǐ de táobì hé cúnzài
Wǒ cóng lěngmò de jiǎodù wàng qù
Hánlèi de yǎn
Gāi rúhé biǎobái
Xiànzài de jìyì
Hǎoxiàng yī chǎng yǎn bù wán de xì
Ràng wǒmen
Dōu kàn de jiàn guòqù

Suǒyǒu duō yī cì

Wǒ zhīdào gùshì lǐ de yè
Zài wèi shéi tànxí
Wǒ zhīdào gùshì lǐ de mèng
Wèihé bù zài měilì
Yīnwèi nǐ yǐ bùshì nǐ zìjǐ
Hébì gàosu wǒ yào wàngliǎo nǐ
Gùshì de juésè
Xiāoshì zài jìyì lǐ
Gùshì de jiǎosè
Xiāoshì zài jìyì lǐ


Warareta gazô ni kimi iru ka inai
To rokuga shitaku nai
Tsumetai kaku kara miru
Namida wo
Dô oshieru?
Ima no kioku
Owaranai jô'en no yô ni
Kako wo
Oboesaseru.

Rekishi no yo dare ni
Toiki wo tsuku shiru,
Rekishi no yume dôshite
Kirê ja nai to shiru
Kimi ga jibun ja nai kara,
Boku wasureru to dôshite iu?
Rekishi no yaku
Kioku ni kieru.
Rekishi no yaku
Kioku ni kieru.


I don’t want a lot of broken frames recording
You with me or far away
I look from an angle still and cold
How should I give
A why to your tears?
Memories of now
Like a started play that never ends
They let us
All look to see our past.

I know for whom the hist’ry’s night
Is sighing right now,
I know the reason hist’ry’s dream
Is no longer one nice.
Since you now no longer are yourself,
Why d’you tell me I will forget you?
All of hist’ry’s roles
Vanish in memories.
All of hist’ry’s roles
Vanish in memories.




我竟毅然毅然别了你
为何淡然淡然没悔意
你心里既要我离开你
莫再扮演伤心的女子
回头凝望你
总感觉欠缺以往风姿
陪着你宁失恋HJ-百次

往昔恋爱恋爱像套戏
为何突然突然遇上你
我的理智理智全失去
愿意扮演痴心的汉子
常常缠着你
可惜你却故意相欺
愚弄我如今不想爱你
愚弄我如今不想爱你

爱里欠缺了真爱
再也没意思
察觉到你对我的爱
缺乏那份诚意
今天我决意要离开你
不管过往如何难忘记
当初已变了回忆的故事
当初那个我从今不再痴
Ngo5 ging2 ngai6-jin4 ngai6-jin4 bit6-liu5 nei5
Wai6-ho4 daam6-jin4 daam6-jin4 mut6 fui3-ji3
Nei5 sam1 leoi5 gei3 jiu1 ngo5 lei4-hoi1 nei5
Mok6 zoi3 baan3-jin2 soeng1-sam1 dik1 neui5-zi2
Wui4-tau4 jing4-mong6 nei5
Zung2 gam2-gok3 him3-kyut3 ji5-wong5 fung1-zi1
Pui4-zoek3 nei5 ning4 sat1-lyun2 cin1-baak3 ci3

Wong5-sik1 lyun2-ngoi3 lyun2-ngoi3 zoeng6 tou3 hei3
Wai6-ho4 dat6-jin4 dat6-jin4 jyu6 soeng5 nei5
Ngo5 dik5 lei5-zi3 lei5-zi3 cyun4 sat1-heui2/3 (4?)
Jyun6-ji3 baan3-jin2 ci1-sam1 dik1 hon3-zi2
Soeng4-soeng4 cin4-zoek3 nei5
Ho2-sik1 nei5 koek3 gu3-ji3 soeng1/3 hei1
Jyu4-nung6 ngo5 jyu4-gam1 bat1 soeng2 ngoi3 nei5
Jyu4-nung6 ngo5 jyu4-gam1 bat1 soeng2 ngoi3 nei5

Ngoi3 leoi5 him3-kyut3-liu5 zan1 ngoi3
Zoi3-jaa5 mut6-ji3-si1
Caat3-gok3 dou3 nei5 deoi3 ngo5 dik1 ngoi3
Kyut3-fat6 naa5 fan6 sing4-ji3
Gam1-tin1 ngo5 kyut3-ji3 jiu3 lei4-hoi1 nei5
Bat1-gun2 gwo3-wong5 jyu4-ho4 naan6 mong4-gei3
Dong1-co1 ji5 bin3-liu5 wui4-jik1 dik1 gu3-si6
Dong1-co1 naa5 go3 ngo5 cung4 gam1 bat1 zoi3 ci1


I have chosen chosen to leave you,
’Twas so easy easy and no grief: why?
In your heart you wanted me to go,
So don’t you play the sad girl again.
Looking backwards you
Always felt I lacked a charm of old.
You’d choose for my jilt a million times.

Once my lovings lovings were all plays,
Why this sudden sudden meeting you?
Now my reason reason is all lost,
I wanna play the silly old man.
Often huggin’ you,
But you’ve always wanted to deceive.
Now, cheated, I don’t want to love you.
Now, cheated, I don’t want to love you.

In love, I have lacked true love,
I always was bored,
Aware that this your love for me
In no part was sincere.
This day, I have chosen to leave you,
I don’t care how hard ’tis to forget!
Starting, I had changed the mem’ry-history.
Once I was that, now I’ll ne’er crazy be.

No comments:

Post a Comment