Tuesday 29 August 2017

The final heartache

Today we have the last post of the "heartache" series ('bout time, you may say). It features two songs, one in Min, and one in Mandarin. I place the Min one first, contrary to usual habits, partly because the Mandarin one features the -eng rhyme, which I like less than the -a(nn) of the Min one; partly because I met the Min one first, though I met both of them during my second year studying Chinese; and partly because when I hear the singer almost consistently turning retroflexes (zh ch sh) to alveolars (z c s), and in particular doing a systematic switch of the two sets of consonants in the phrase "Duoshao chuangshang cang zai xin zhong", which she pronounces "Duosao cuangsang chang zai xin zong", well, the Henry Higgins part of me screams "Why can't the Chinese teach their children how to speak?". By the way, I hope I will be able to concoct a quick translation because I never translated these songs.
Ah, more translations made directly into a draft, huh? Well, time to check the screenshots!
  • 29/8/17 is the drafting date;
  • At 12:08:37 the Min-English translation is wholly undone;
  • At 12:12:07 and 12:12:10, we see up to l. 3 of chorus, exactly as below, ready to copypaste ll. 1-2 of chorus after l. 3;
  • At 12:12:39, the chorus is complete but ends with «For you I'll be forever alone!»;
  • At 12:13:24, two lines after chorus are done, and the previous item's line is as below, ready to be copypasted;
  • At 12:13:27 the Min-English translation is there;
  • At 12:27:25, the Mandarin-English translation is still wholly undone;
  • At 12:28:45, we see 4 lines done and l. 5 reading "The t", where the "t" is a typo for the "d" of "dim;
  • At 12:30:36, the verse is almost done, the last line reading "How much grieving is hid" with "is hid" selected;
  • At 12:34:13, we move to the post preview, so the translation is probably done; by 12:38:33 we see the complete translation.
Here we go.

心疼

窗外的雨声
将梦拍破
面前的风影
将咱拆散
今夜的灯火
冷淡孤单
咱的情路

我爱你胜过我生命
离开你的心是否
啥人爱你比会过我
我爱你胜过我生命
离开你的心是否
为你我甘愿一生孤单

无论海水会
无论石头会烂
为你我甘愿一生孤单

Sim-thiànn

Thang guā ê hōo-siann
Tsiong bāng phah-phuà
Bīn-tsîng ê hong-iánn
Tsiong lán thiah-suànn
Kim-iā ê ting-hué
Líng-tām koo-tuann
Lán ê tsîng-lōo lú lâi lú kuânn

Guá ài lí sing-kuè guá sinn-miā
Beh lī-khui lí ê sim kám buē thiànn
Ū siánn-lâng ài lí pí-ē-kuè guá
Guá ài lí sing-kuè guá sinn-miā
Beh lī-khui lí ê sim kám buē thiànn
Uī lí guá kam-guān it-sing koo-tuann

Bô-lūn hái-tsúi ē ta
Bô-lūn tsio̍h-thâu ē nuā
Uī lí guá kam-guān it-sing koo-tuann


Heartache (Min)

The rain falls outside
And breaks all dreams
Gusts of wind ahead
Set us apart
The lights of this night
Are lonely and cold
And our feelings are more and more cold

I love you more than my own life
How can my heart, leaving you, not grieve?
Who else can love you more than I do?
I love you more than my own life
How can my heart, leaving you, not grieve?
I wish to stay lifelong lonely for you!

Though the oceans may dry,
Though the stones may turn soft,
I wish to stay lifelong lonely for you!



心痛

无情的雨声
惊醒我的梦
在爱的路上
何时再相逢
暗淡的灯光
渐渐朦龙
多少创伤藏在心中

我爱你胜过我自己
无情的你却把我抛弃
没有人能比我更加爱你
我不愿孤单活下去
你给我留下痛苦回忆
真情真爱也不能换回你

受尽多少委屈
无缘与你相聚
今生今世也不能忘记

Xīntòng

Wúqíng de yǔshēng
Jīngxǐng wǒ de mèng
Zài ài de lù shàng
Héshí zài xiāngféng
Àndàn de dēngguāng
Jiànjiàn ménglóng
Duōshǎo chuāngshāng cáng zài xīn zhōng

Wǒ ài nǐ shèngguò wǒ zìjǐ
Wúqíng de nǐ què bǎ wǒ pāoqì
Méi yǒu rén néng bǐ wǒ gèngjiā ài nǐ
Wǒ bù yuàn gūdān huó xiàqù
Nǐ gěi wǒ liúxià tòngkǔ huíyì
Zhēn qíng zhēn ài yě bù néng huànhuí nǐ

Shòujǐn duōshǎo wěiqu
Wúyuán yǔ nǐ xiāngjù
Jīnshēng jīnshì yě bù néng wàngjì


Heartache (Mandarin)

This cruel rainfall
Has awoken my dream
On the road of love
When will we meet again?
The dim lights tonight
Slowly turn hazy
How much grieving hides in my heart

I love you more than my own self
But you abandon me cruelly
No-one ever can love you more than me!
I do not want to live alone
You leave me with painful memories
All my true love can never bring you back!

All the pain in the world
Without meeting again
In this life still won't make me forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment