Saturday 7 April 2018

Forgetting you is forgetting myself

From questioning the authenticity of a purported love, we move to asserting the truthfulness of our own love: if I forget you, I forget myself, because we are one thing. So today we have a Chinese song titled 忘了你忘了我 | wàngle nǐ wàngle wǒ, or "I forgot you and forgot myself". This was encountered during my first year studying Chinese, presumably nearing the end of the schoolyear, and definitely before the summer because that is when I translated it to English and Japanese. The mega-intro dates the English translation to 12/8/12. I have found the manuscript, which I will transcribe below. The song first appears in the 18/8/12 15:27 file, with just the English translation. That one is like the below final version, except for «Don’t say that our two worlds / Are too different», which becomes what it is below in the 3/9/12 13:25 file, the previous one being 18/8/12 21:16. That 3/9 file is also where the Japanese translation first appears, in the below version. Let's see those translations!


当你说要走
我不想挥手的时候
爱情终究是一场空
谁说我俩的过去
尽在不言中
别忘了我曾拥有你
你也曾爱过我

# 当你留给我
我不想接受的伤痛
爱情到头来还是梦
别说我俩的世界
有太多不同
就说你已经忘了我
你就要离开我

* 谁能够告诉我
我是否付出太多
就当我从来没有过
还是消失在我心头
谁曾经提醒我
我的爱没有把握
就当我从来沒有过
还是忘了你      忘了我









きたいとき
ぼくりたく
あい最後さいご真空しんくう
だれ二人ふたり
過去かこミュウトとう?
きみってぼくあい
したとわすれない

もらいたく
悲哀ひあいあたえるとき
あい最後さいごゆめ
世界せかいたちちが
わないで
わすれたから
はなしたいとって

古代こだい誇示 こじする
の?だれえる?
もうかったとき
こころえてる
あい自信じしんなと
だれしるさせた?
もうかったとき
もしきみを      ぼく わす






Dāng nǐ shuō yào zǒu
Wǒ bù xiǎng huīshǒu de shíhou
Àiqíng zhōngjiù shì yī chǎng kōng
Shéi shuō wǒ liǎng de guòqù
Jǐn zài bù yán zhōng
Bié wàngle wǒ céng yǒngyǒu nǐ
Nǐ yě céng àiguò wǒ

# Dāng nǐ liú gěi wǒ
Wǒ bù xiǎng jiēshòu de shāngtòng
Àiqíng dàotóulái hái shì mèng
Bié shuō wǒ liǎng de shìjiè
Yǒu tài duō bù tóng
Jiù shuō nǐ yǐjīng wàngle wǒ
Nǐ jiù yào líkāi wǒ

* Shéi nénggòu gàosu wǒ
Wǒ shìfǒu fùchū tài duō
Jiù dāng wǒ cónglái méiyǒuguò
Hái shì xiāoshī zài wǒ xīntóu
Shéi céngjīng tíxǐng wǒ
Wǒ de ài méi yǒu bǎwò
Jiù dāng wǒ cónglái méiyǒuguò
Hái shì wàngle nǐ      wàngle wǒ

#

*

*



Ikitai toki
Boku wa te ga furitaku nai
Ai ga saigo ni shinkū da
Dare ga futari no
Kako myūto to iu?
Kimi atte boku wo ai
Shita to wasurenai

Moraitaku nai
Hiai wo ataeru toki
Ai ga saigo ni yume da
Sekaitachi ga chigau
To iwanaide
Wasureta kara
Hanashitai itte

* Kodai koji suru
No? Dare ga ieru?
Mô nakatta toki de
Kokoro ni saeteru
Ai ga jishinna to
Dare ga shirusaseta?
Mô nakatta toki de
Moshi kimi wo      boku wasure

#

*

*

When you want to go
At times ʍn I don’t want to wave
My love is empty after all
Who says that our past ended
Without any words
I don’t forget I once had you
You once felt love for me.

# When you leave to me
The sadness I dont want to take
My love is dreamtime after all
Don’t say that our two worlds
Are too different
Just say þat you’ve forgotten me
[And] So want to leave me

* Who ever can tell me
If I show too much feeling
But when I never have had you
You still vanish wiþin my heartmind
Who has reminded me
That my love had no sureness
{But when I never have had you}
If I forget meU I forget me
When you want to go,
At times when I don’t want to wave,
My love is empty after all.
Who says that our past ended
Without any words?
I don’t forget I once had you
You once felt love for me.

# When you leave to me
The sadness I don’t want to take,
My love is dreamtime after all.
Don’t say that our two worlds are
Just too different,
Just say that you’ve forgotten me,
And so want to leave me.

* Who ever can tell me
If I show too much feeling?
But when I never have had you,
You still vanish within my heart.
Who has reminded me
That my love had no sureness?
But when I never have had you,
If I forget you      I forget me.

#

*

*

No comments:

Post a Comment