Tuesday 4 September 2018

Calling your name in the wind

Last time we had this woman who basically couldn't help but keep on waiting for her beloved. We keep on this waiting theme today with a Mandarin song called 在风中呼唤你的名字 | Zài fēng zhōng hūhuàn nǐ de míngzi, "I call your name in the wind". I met this song sometime in my second year of studying Chinese (Spring 2013, I think), learnt it, but only translated it to English on Jun 20 2017. Writing this post on Aug 6 2018 at 18:07, I changed the final two lines of the second verse, which read «All of this pain, I just have / to go face alone», to their present form. [Apparently, I also changed «All of this pain I just have to go face alone» -> «All of this pain I can but face it on my own» and forgot to mention it.] Let's see it!


疲倦      的眼眸
在生命之中
拥有太多      伤口
却只有你能让它      癒合
冰冷      的夜空
是谁的背影伫立高峰
这种      淡淡的愁
不断地      在那呼唤着

*我每天总是一次      又一次
在风中      呼唤着你的名字
盼你能够听得见      我的心声
总是一次      又一次
在风中      呼唤着你的名字
让你知道
我有多爱你
我会永远      不变

笑容      不会再有
等不到你的回應
失望      地走
泪眼的我      遊盪在街头
你们      不要笑我
我知道我对爱情太过      执着
所有的痛只能够
自己去承受


Píjuàn      de yǎnmóu
Zài shēngmìng zhī zhōng
Yǒngyǒu tài duō      shāngkǒu
Què zhǐyǒu nǐ néng ràng tā      yùhé
Bīnglěng      de yèkōng
Shì shéi de bèiyǐng zhùlì gāofēng
Zhè zhǒng      dàndàn de chóu
Bù duàn de      zài nà hūhuànzhe

* Wǒ měi tiān zǒngshì yī cì      yòu yī cì
Zài fēng zhōng      hūhuànzhe nǐ de míngzì
Pàn nǐ nénggòu tīng dé jiàn      wǒ de xīnshēng
Zǒngshì yī cì      yòu yī cì
Zài fēng zhōng      hūhuànzhe nǐ de míngzì
Ràng nǐ zhīdào
Wǒ yǒu duō ài nǐ
Wǒ huì yǒngyuǎn      bù biàn

Xiàoróng      bù huì zài yǒu
Děng bù dào nǐ de huíyīng
Shīwàng      de zǒu
Lèiyǎn de wǒ      yóudàng zài jiētóu
Nǐmen      bùyào xiào wǒ
Wǒ zhīdào wǒ duì àiqíng tàiguò      zhízhuó
Suǒyǒu de tòng zhǐ nénggòu
Zìjǐ qù chéngshòu

*


My eyes      are weary,
For in their lives they’ve had far too ma~ny wounds,
There’s only you who can make      them heal.
In this      cold night sky,
Whose silhouette’s standing on the summit?
This kind      of dull dull pain
Just goes on      calling me from there.

Each day I’m always once more,      and once more,
A-shouting      out your name in the wind,
Looking forward to when you’ll      hear my calling.
Always once more,      and once more,
A-shouting      out your name in the wind,
Letting you know
I love you so much,
And I will nev~er change.

My smile      is fore’er lost,
I wait but you don’t answer,
Hopeless,      I walk,
I loaf around      in the streets      and cry.
You all      don’t laugh at me:
I know that I am too persistent      in love.
All of this pain, I can but
Face it on my own.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment